But as all good stories start, Once upon a time, just a couple of weeks ago, my favorite person on this earth came to visit me! Yeah, that's right. My UEA break, also known as deer hunt vacation, was spent with Matt.
To be honest, I was a little worried about him coming that week earlier in the week. My mom had surgery on Wednesday and my grandma is with us again for another unspecified amount of time. But those two things didn't worry me that much. It was my dad that made it hard. He was really really sick for a whole weekend, and then, come to find out, it was just because he wasn't taking his pills correctly. Geez dad, we already have to deal with that in Grandma! But all that drama at home went away. My dad started taking his pills correctly, my grandma was doing good with her pills, and my mom was laughing and smiling after her surgery!
So the day came. Matt's work load that week was light and easy, which made it very nice for both of us. He left campus around 1:15 instead of 4:15, giving us 3 extra hours together! I, with the help of Ryan, Tressa, and John, painted our basement so Matt and I wouldn't have to worry about doing that. When 4:15 came around, I stopped painting so I could get the paint off my hands. I didn't think that I was that excited, yet again.
Once all the paint was off my hands, I went outside to wait for him. I kept telling myself that I wasn't that excited. But as soon as the shiny red car pulled up across the street, my heart starting pounding! I was, indeed, very excited. :-)
Matt got out of the car and I started walking towards him. He was putting his keys in his pocket and I was almost to him so I was saying, "Hurry! Hurry!" We finally reached each other. He picked me up and spun me around and I said, "EEEEEEEEE!!!!" Like hurr-eee! It was cute.
We went to my porch glider swing thing between two pear trees in my yard. That is where we spent our whole summer together pretty much. It was just good and happy and cute and lovely. :-)
You know, the whole weekend was mostly just really mushy. We hugged and kissed and held hands. In the car I scooted as close to him as my seat belt would let me and I would rest my head on his shoulder. You know how people talk about being "weak in the knees"? Well, I discovered what that means. Every time we were in each others arms and then we would kiss, I would lose my balance and start to fall over. I think that is what "weak in the knees" is.
Saturday morning we went on a little adventure to take pictures of ourselves. We used a tri-pod and self-timer. Here are some of my favorites:
![]() | |
| I stole this idea from another photographer... isn't that how all pictures go? |
![]() |
| We rather like to dance. :-) |
| John took this picture of us outside the temple. It is my favorite of the day. I think we both look much older. |
If I could go to the temple once a week, I would. I love the peace that it brings. This one day in seminary we were just looking at pictures of the temples and it filled my heart with joy. It is truly amazing how one old building can bring so many memories and fill you with happy, peaceful thoughts.
Happy... happy... happy....! :-)
When we got back to Cedar, we ate dinner and went to a wedding reception. It was really interesting. The bride is a friend of mine, kind of, but her little sister was the one that insisted that I had to be there, which was really fine with me. Matt and I were talking to the bride and groom, introducing ourselves to the groom. The groom asked if we were married. We just laughed.
We then watched a movie with Trent, Katie, Ryan, and Jessie. If you ever want to watch a super uplifting movie, find The Ultimate Gift. It was soo good. Katie cried through the whole thing pretty much.
Sunday was another good day. Matt came over around 10 and we just chilled and cuddled and were happy. Church was interesting. We didn't have a very long attention span. Matt expressed his joy of being in a college ward where people are more mature and pay attention to the lessons, unlike in my ward.
After church we sat outside while dinner cooked, just like we always did in the summer. We talked about his mission a little and I cried a little. We read each other stories that we wrote about each other. It was so peaceful and happy.
It was just a good, fun, perfect weekend, yet again. Today the thing that I really am so amazed by is the simple fact that we have never made out.
Pause for dramatic effect.
Yes, you read that right. Matt and I have never made out. It's actually quite impressive, especially when that is just what people tend to do these days. First kisses on movies are never just a simple peck; it is a make out session. People just throw that around, and it drives me crazy.
It is just not important to us. That is not where we want to go with our relationship at this point, and it has been very rewarding. Following the standards has its rewards.
It was a great weekend. The thing that kept us from crying too much was the fact that I am going up there this weekend! Yay!
:-)



3 comments:
Michelle, I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wrote you a long reply on my blog but I'm so tired that I don't think I can rewrite it. So please, when ya have time, hop on over to "my place" so ya can read it! As for me I'm off to bed but I had to stop by and say that I think you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually I KNOW you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, I'm back this morning and awake enough to comment. It's been a looooonnnngggggg week. So happy the weekend is here. I bet you are too. :)
Awwwwww! Michelle, my heart is filled with happiness for you. I remember the talks we used to have about relationships and hurt hearts and hope. I miss those afternoons when you'd stop by and talk to us college girls about all the stuff going on in your world. It is inspiring to still be a part of that from so far away. Yay for blogging!
My heart is often filled with joy when I look at pictures of the temple too. It is such a special place. Oh how I wish I didn't live so far away from ours. Usually I get to go once a month but I miss living in a place where I could go almost anytime I wanted. Back in UT if a class was cancelled or plans fell through I could just hop in the car and go to the temple. Now... It requires a lot of planning because it's a long drive through a big city (Nashville) from my house and the hours it's open are very limited. Sigh... Still, I'm happy to have one pretty close by and hopefully I'll never take it for granted.
OK, I'm switching gears here... I'm going to be very honest and direct about this next subject because it's time that people out there in the bubble stop "dancing around" it.
Intense kissing and touching belongs exclusively to married couples. Unmarried people have no business arousing the feelings and longings that come from being intimate in that way. It may offend some people that I'm about to be entirely open and honest in what I'm about to say but it is very true...
Making out is foreplay to sexual intercourse. Making out is the first stage in having sex. It's what men often complain about having to do because they what to get straight to intercourse and it's what women complain they don't get enough of before he tries to skip ahead to the "good stuff".
Making out is part of the sexual experience. It's having sex without having intercourse and unmarried people who have made covenants with God & claim to honor those covenants have no business doing it. Sure it's fun and exciting. Hello! Sex is fun and exciting. Otherwise people wouldn't be making babies and civilization would cease to exist... Yet, the fact that it's fun doesn't give people the right to do it.
I grew up outside of "the bubble" and out here in the "real world" Christians and non-Christians alike call "making out" exactly what it--foreplay. We don't dance around the issue and make it out to be less than what it is.
I admire you and Matt for making righteous choices for your lives. Doing so creates a foundation of trust that the two of you can really build an eternal family upon should that be in God's will for your lives.
Yes, that was very blunt. Reading it makes me feel so much more grateful for the fact that that has never happened. I would be feeling very guilty otherwise. It really is so rewarding.
Thank you for always being a support for me! I am so glad you are back in the blog world! :-)
Post a Comment