I know it has been a while, but it is certainly time. :)
My sister Emilie tied the knot on September 24, 2011, to Talon Ozmore.
 |
| Getting ready |
 |
| Purdy flowers, but even more purdy eyes. :) |
 |
| The girls before we walked down the aisle |
 |
| I love this picture of them. It is precious. :) |
 |
| The Bridal party walking back up the aisle |
 |
| The Bridal party, including the flower girl dog, Sasha. |
 |
| My crazy family. :) |
 |
| The whole family, yes, including Matt. :) |
 |
| John and Emilie. |
 |
| My mom and grandma |
 |
| It's a sister thing... :) |
 |
| The girls in the family |
 |
| That is my dad and Emilie taking a sweet picture together. |
 |
| Emilie and Talon |
 |
| I love this one. |
 |
| And I love this one. :) |
It really was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect, and the day was perfect for them. We started rather early with a rehearsal. Then the girls left to have a breakfast party! Yay! We had a lot of fun together. It was nice to just be with Emilie for a while. After breakfast, we went to Emilie's apartment to get ready. But before I could accomplish that task, as every good story in my life, we had to get Matt! He was playing Water Polo at the University of Utah, so we went to get him. It wasn't ideal for Emilie to have him with us, but we do the best we can.
We, Jackie, Heather and I, drove to pick him up, and it was a little frustrating in the traffic and with a retarted GPS and not really knowing where we were going. But, I knew that you were supposed to go down one of the temple roads, so that is what we did. And it worked! It just proves that you are never lost when you can see the temple. :-)
When we arrived at Emilie's apartment, I curled my hair and Matt sat in the bathroom and we just talked. Emilie's friend and her baby and boyfriend came over eventually, so that made it a little less weird to have Matt as the only boy.
Girls run late, and we were running very late. The ceremony was supposed to start at 4, but it was more like 4:30... whoops.... :)
It was nice, I suppose. I haven't really been to very many weddings, and they have all been receptions because I can't really go to a Temple marriage yet, but I guess it was good for a civil marriage. I could see that Emilie and Talon were happy, and that is all that matters. His face when he finally saw her was perfect. He was super stressed because of the whole thing, but it all went away as soon as he saw her. It was precious. And no one caught it, dang it.
Matt and I were having fun, and I guess everyone was having fun watching us. We didn't hide anything.
 |
| That is my sash, made by Amy Neilsen, but I love this picture because Matt's hands are on my waist and it's just so cute. It was a good idea from Taley! |
 |
| This was a sneak shot taken by Taley. She just thought we were so cute, and, honestly, she is right. :-) |
At one point Carl told us that we looked like we were the ones getting married because we just looked so happy the whole time. One of my Aunts told Matt to take good care of me and keep me around or something. Yes, he had the privilege of meeting a good majority of my extended family. The poor kid had so much pressure on him. He did very good though. :)
Talon dropped Emilie at the end of their first dance. :) That was really really funny. My dad and Emilie looked really awkward during their dance, but they were both crying a lot.
It was a good day. I am glad that Emilie and Talon are happy. He treats her so well, and for that we are grateful. They really do love each other and support each other. I am happy for them. And they are coming to visit this weekend!
After the wedding, we drove back down to Provo. Matt and I rode in the back of Jackie's car with Heather sitting in the front. Michael Buble was playing, and let's just say that Matt loves Jazz music a lot more now because of that car ride. It was pretty great. When we got back to the hotel, Matt and I went swimming, mostly so we could spend more time together. Heather and Jackie didn't want to come, and that was just fine with us. It was fun. Any moment we have to spend together is desired and cherished. :-)
The whole thing was fun. I am so happy for Emilie and Talon, still. I love to see my family grow. It really is exciting. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment