Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wedding, Capitol, and more thoughts.


This is on top of the Church Office building. Carl, John, and I went up there while everyone else went to the sealing.

Paul and Erica after they came out of the temple. That little boy and the little girls in the corner just ran up to them. It was super cute.
Those little girls ran and got her train. Erica is going to be a great mother one day.

John and I being super cold!

That is the center piece for the reception. I thought it was super cute.

You can't really tell, but all three of us are wearing polka dots. Carl's are so little you can't see them in the picture.

Yes, they had kisses on the tables too.

That is me holding Sico (Sea-co). He is 10 weeks old, and HUGE! He is 24 inches long, and weighs quite a bit... but I don't remember how much.

Those were the other decorations.

The wedding cake.

Paul and Erica. Sorry it is blurry.

Ha. Paul was feeding Erica, and she didn't quite get all the cake in her mouth, so it fell on the floor. FUNNY FUNNY!

A closer look at Sico (SEA-co).

John and I dancing.

That chandelier is actually in Abravanel Hall. Emilie had an Honor Choir concert in there, so we went. It was beautiful.

The rest of the pictures are from the State Capitol. It is absolutely gorgeous!




They were doing their Groomals. I had to take a picture.













This one is just for Heather. When I first saw it, I thought it looked like a My Little Pony. It still kind of does!





The pale blue dot reminded me of a song, called Pale Blue Dot. Funny.

Amazing. I love the lights and the granite/marble stuff. Amazing.





This past friday, my cousin Paul got married. It was such a great experience to go to the Salt Lake temple for the first time in a long time. I got to reflect on myself, and see what really made me happy. I discovered that it is my WHOLE family, and the church. In Salt Lake, Temple Square is the best part of the city. Once you get a few blocks away, it is dirty, and has lots of crime. It says a lot to me.

It was so nice to see the rest of the family! It has been so long since the last time we saw them! On my dad's side of the family, half of them are LDS. The other half came after my dad's parents were ex-communicated. It is sad to see them spilt apart like that.

I also think about people who don't know the truth. People that want to be together forever, but don't know that they can be. That is what I want. When you find true love, you will want to spend the rest of your life with, but that won't be enough. You will want more. Civil marriages end at death. Temple Marriages/sealings are forever, after death, your happily ever after. Have you ever wondered what happily ever after meant? What is after? It is after you die.

The only picture I don't have are from Saturday night. We went out to eat with Carl and his friends, Mike and Amy, and their baby Sofie. I love them so much. Sofie is the cutest little baby I have ever seen. Mike and Amy are so nice, and they just bring you in. Mike said that they consider us family, and we consider them family, too. It was so nice to see them again. I didn't want to leave them! They are just really nice, and good people to be around. I cannot wait to see them again, and hopefully it will be soon!

2 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

I thought that the post title was "Wedding Capitol" and I was thinking "yeah Utah is the wedding capitol for sure!" lol

Love you!

Mush said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol. That was funny. Very true too!

We need to do something soon!