...Is amazing! She raised 5 children, and put up with a brain injured husband for years. She is strong-willed, amazingly skinny for having 5 kids, kind, clean, organized (for the most part), and so very close to Christ. She always knows what to tell me.
There was a time last year that was really rough for me. At first I didn't dare telling her about it, but then I opened up and wrote her a note about it. I thought she was going to be very mad at me, but she wasn't. She wrote back to me, and said exactly what I needed to hear. She gave me scriptures to read, music to listen to, and words of wisdom, comfort, and love.
My mother doesn't judge me. The same time as above, in the same letter, I thought she wouldn't accept me for what I had done. Guess what? She did. She knows my imperfections, and still loves me for it.
This past week has been hard again for me. I lost my best friend in the whole entire world, because I did the right thing. It was so hard for me to do, but I still did it. There were times when I was very upset, so I would go talk to my mom. One night she was reading her scriptures, which has a very important part in this story. She was reading in John 15:1-9. She related the whithering branch to my friend who doesn't have as much Christ in his life than he used to. Then she related the good branch to me because I do have Christ in my life. It was the very thing I needed to hear.
Now, we are moving on to Carl. He also knows what to tell me. I called him on Thursday because I was very upset, and Eric wasn't home for me to talk to. He told me exactly what I needed to hear, and more. I believe that my family has been being guided by the spirit this past week.
I now know that I can turn to family for anything. I can ALWAYS trust them. The will never hurt me, and always have my back. I love them so much, and hope that they all know this, too. Christ gave us families for love, support, comfort, guidance, and friends (and many more things.) I am so glad I have the knowledge that my family will be with me forever. That thought brings me great joy. I love you all!
2 comments:
Maybe you should send this story in to the NEW ERA! It is very good. Maybe they would print it! :)
Mothers in General are the most Christ like creatures on the Planet. Even when Angry they still have the ability to look past the anger for what is good for you.
Big Brothers... tend to say what you need to hear even if you don't want to hear it. . . they are practicing to be daddy's. Soft and Gentle sometimes other times, harder then diamonds and sharper then razors.
I hope things are well for you now.
FYI Pics of you on my Blog.
Post a Comment