Sunday, April 19, 2009

Prom 2009


David, Miranda, Emily Robinson, and Matt Bray

Miranda's face is so funny in this picture!

Ha, Matt couldn't get his little stick thing out of the bubbles.


Sometimes the flash on the camera is not a good thing.

David and Miranda. They look so sophisticated together!

These pictures just make me so happy! David was nominated for Prom Royalty, but he wasn't planning on going. I told him to ask Miranda (who is his date). Thankfully, he felt obligated to go since he was nominated. Everything fell right into place with it. David was worried that he wouldn't be able to find someone to double with, but he did!

Miranda and her family are all bigger than people are used to. It's not overeating though. People are very judgemental, she wouldn't have been asked. David made her this little puzzle and I put it in her violin case with a bunch of other little papers. She found all the puzzle pieces and other little notes, which was hilarious. Once the puzzle was put together, she said that it wasn't the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her. Her mom, Sharon, said that when she got home, she called her sisters right away. Miranda is the first girl in their family to go to prom. I'm so glad she got to go!

David's mom is crazy and gets into everything her children do. She and Sharon planned a treasure hunt for their whole date thing. David picked everyone up and they got their first clue. It led them to dinner. During dinner the waiter gave them another bag with the clue in it. It also had some tops to keep them entertained. That clue led them to Miranda's grandparents house. They got a camera there and it led them to the old swimming pool. In that bag there was some goggles and they had to take pictures with them on. Then the clue led them to canyon park. Then that one led them to the rock church, then the lighthouse, then David's grandparent's house, then Matt's house, then to Kolob, then to my house, then to Miranda's house, then to Prom.

The best part of this all was being Jill's daughter for a day. I went over earlyish in the morning. She and Sharon had wriiten some poems for the clues, and Jill and I did the rest. Some of them were really cheesey, but it was all great fun. Jill and I put all the clues and their bags in their proper places, but we had to make sure no one stole them, so we took the one for after dinner to the resturaunt and went to get dinner. We went to Costa Vida (yummy!) and then went close to Miranda's g-parents house. We hid in the bushes and waited for them to get there. It was great fun! It took them forever to get there, so we were freaking out. We did that for the rest of the places, trying not to get caught. It was all just great fun!

1 comment:

R.T. Vance said...

The picture flash thing is fixable, I think the shots are done very well. I can do it or you can play around with
Picnik.com

The next time you shoot try piece of pearl colored scotch tape over the flash to defuse it. It shortens you flashes distance but for shots like this it take that hostile light edge off.

There are some other tricks too. Some cheap some expensive. Another time I talk to you about it. It also depends on the camera.

I like the dresses.

Sounds like a fun adventure.

I know the 'bigger' people thing. I can eat nothing and gain weight. It is annoying!

T