Saturday, September 11, 2010

My legs were itchy

My brother is an amazing person. He is the most patient human-being on this planet. Once upon a time he took Heather and I shopping in Orem. We tried on clothes and he played his i-pod. Of course we had to show him what we put on, and he just smiled. Carl is very nice. Carl is one of my very best friends.

Now he is married to Taley. Taley is very loyal (apparently). If you want her to be, she is your best friend.

They are so good for each other.

Their wedding day couldn't have been any better. The sky only had a few clouds (which Taley loves). Being in Arizona, you would think that it was scorching hot, but it wasn't. They were as happy as can be.

Snowflake, Arizona temple

A picture speaks a thousand words, right?

It was nice to meet all of Taley's family. I can now see how she got as nice as she is. Her father, Dennis, walked my Grandma into the temple. She was really touched at how kind they were. Taley's sister did the luncheon, which included home-grown tomatoes.

The reception was held in Ramah, New Mexico. It has a population of about 100 people, 200 dogs, 50 horses, lots of elk, and too many mosquitoes.

Heather was bitten about 15 times. Emilie and I were bitten 22 times. One little girl had 24, and she was throwing a huge fit.

But besides itching for a week, the reception was also beautiful. The guests included the whole town of Ramah, Taley's family, and the six of my family. They didn't have a line that you had to stand in to wait to say "hello." Carl and Taley picked out people as they came, or people came to them.

The cake cutting was hilarious!

After the cake was smashed into each other's faces, they did the whole garter thing. It wasn't that exciting.

Then Taley's uncle sang us some songs off the balcony. It was the cutest, most personal thing I have ever seen at a wedding. Taley said that it was about including her Grandma that passed away. The reception was held at the Grandma's house, and it was her dream to see people dancing on the deck. So we did.

I went to four weddings this summer, so I am pretty sure that I can say the last one was saved for the end because it was the best. Maybe it is just because it was brother that was the one getting married, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

Now the happy couple is homeless.

No comments: