Hello! I hope you all had happy holidays and a happy new year.
What did I do on New Years Eve you ask? The same thing I did last year- dancing with Matt.
So Matt came down on the 30th to spend New Year's with me. I sure do love it when we get to spend time together. :-)
Before I tell you about this time, however, I have to tell you about one of the most exciting days of his life! On the 22nd, Matt went through the temple for the first time! My mom and I drove up that day so we could be part of the whole thing. Amberly and I did baptisms together while everyone else was upstairs. We had a good time together and I couldn't ask for anything more.
It was such a nice time to see people. There was so much happiness and peace all around, and it was lovely. After the temple, I went out for ice-cream with Matt's family. He was really warm, which was nice because I was really cold. We had a nice time eating ice-cream and finally being able to be with each other. It makes me really miss all those times when we could just be together without it being such a huge sacrifice really. Now we have to travel and make the time and spend the money just to be together.
Amberly wanted me to open my Christmas present, so we went to their house to do that. She made me a frog pillow case and some hair flowers. They are really cute. I also opened my present from Lisa, which was a very very cute shirt with a flower and necklace. It was just really fun and nice and relaxed. Matt had his arm around me and it just felt so good and so much like home.
Then Matt took me back to Carl's and that was the end to a wonderful day filled with joy.
It all made me really look forward to Matt coming to spend four days with me. Yeah, it was four days! Four beautiful, wonderful, amazing, happy, perfect days. We did a lot of relaxing, just sitting on the couch talking, watching movies, that kind of thing. Other times we would go go go most of the time, so it was really nice to sit and relax. We saw a lot of our friends and had lots of laughs.
And we just keep digging deeper and deeper, and that is exactly how it is supposed to be. :-)
And I got a nice fuzzy blanket and a pillow pet! :-) Matt was SO GOOD with Christmas. Along with those two things, he got a zebra print picture frame with corkboard inside of it. Pinned on the board, there is a paper that says "I love you because..." on it. Then there was a little bucket with 365 reasons why he loves me. It makes my heart melt. The original plan was to write 730, but he didn't want them to be lame. So, starting April 11, I will pin one of the reasons on the board a day so I can still feel loved and happy and think of him. :-)
I am so blessed. Whenever Matt leaves, I have this overwhelming feeling of gratitude for all that my Heavenly Father has given to me. He is so good to me and sends me Matt to make me feel good. I have my family who is patient and loving. I have my job, which is hard to come by these days. I have my friends who support me in all I do. I am lucky to be alive, living in this world at this time.


No comments:
Post a Comment