Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tender and Precious

Last Sunday, the 8th, was not a good day for me.  I was feeling very very down in the dumps.  Nothing I was doing felt like it was good enough for anything or anyone. It was rather miserable.  Matt listened to me just complain and complain. 

After we talked, I took a nap.  It was way too short, because the next thing I knew, my phone was ringing for dinner.  So up, up, up the stairs I went.  And John was being his, well, his self, and drove me particularly crazy.  Then the guilt came that I wasn't a good sister.  Maybe that can give you a better idea.

I wasn't feeling great in any aspect of the word and we had a fireside.  The thought occurred to just not go, but I decided against that and went.  People were loud, so I separated myself and played some prelude music on the piano.  It actually made them quiet down and me feel lots better.  The whole fireside was really good and I was feeling better when it was over.

Unfortunately, that feeling didn't last very long.  I was being pulled down more than I ever had before.  I read my scriptures and showered and then called Matt again.  I felt like nothing had changed.

He asked if I had read my scriptures, and I had.  He suggested that I read them again, but, honestly, I didn't want to.  I really didn't want to hang up the phone.  Then he suggested that I should pray.  That was better, but I didn't want to hang up the phone.  He asked if he wanted to pray together because I didn't want to hang up the phone.  I said, "Yeah," really quietly, and then he said a prayer.

It was so beautiful.  My dear Matthew reminded me of the most important things in life in that moment, and it was so beautiful.  After our prayer, I felt so much better, and so much closer to both Matt and my Heavenly Father.

So thank you to my very best friend for helping me through everything.  I really do appreciate all you do for me.

No comments: