Friday, July 6, 2012

Disappointed... again.

Well.  I have been waiting for my first letter from Mexico for 2 weeks now.  And today, yet again, the letter did not show up in the mail box.  What a bummer.

But that was expected.  It was my dear father that made me blow.  He talked to the mailman, so therefore got the mail.  I watched him go through it and when he got towards the end of the pile, I knew it wasn't there, so I turned to go into the house and he said, "Now don't get disappointed yet!" and continued to sort through the mail.  Just as I knew, I did not have my letter. 

And then he kept going, saying this was the hardest part.  We went inside and he was like, "Yeah.  Just grab something big and heavy and throw it!  Just throw it!"

I am a big girl, dad, in case you haven't noticed.  I am moving out in 19 days.  I am a big girl.  I can handle my problems, and my disappointments.  So don't tell me to do something irrational.  Yes, having that letter would be very nice, but I'm not going to go throw things! 

Geez.  Show some sympathy and be positive.  Negative energy never helped anyone.

So, on a more positive note, here's a picture for you!



Isn't he so cute?!
The lucky kid got to take a trip to the Teotihuacan.  He says (in the weekly email), "The big pyramid with lots of layers is the pyramid of the sun, and the other big one, which is a little smaller is the pyramid of the moon. It was really cool to climb up and see the view from the top, they may not look to big in the pictures, but they are huge! If you have ever seen in movies someone climbing up a pyramid like that and they get to the top huffing and puffing and looking like they are about to die, its not an exaggeration. Those steps are about the height from the bottom of my foot to my knee. Its pretty intense."  I, personally, am very jealous of this little trip they took.  All I know is that he better take me there someday.  :)

No comments: