Just a quick status update.
I will be safe here. No one can compare to Matt. :)
Now, if you want to prove me wrong, you will fail, but I will tell you what kind of person you would have to find for me.
First, he would have to have a desire to live the Gospel that inspires you. He has to want Christ in life. He has to want to live worthy to go to the temple every week. He has to actually go to the temple every week, if possible. He has to have a desire to learn things of the Gospel and love learning, even if it is hard in a particular meeting. He has to know when I might be wanting/needing to have a priesthood blessing. He has to be building his own relationship with Christ constantly. He has to want to be a righteous priesthood leader. He has to want an eternal marriage. He has to know that the Gospel is the only thing that can bring true happiness. He has to take me to the temple, even when I'm not endowed and he is. He has to pray with me. He has to pray for me. He has to encourage me to pray and read my scriptures, especially when I am feeling down.
Okay, I'm sure there are probably quite a few out there that fit that description. So far, I haven't found one here at my new apartment. Sure, I don't know very many people yet, but that's okay.
Of course, the list doesn't end there. He has to dance with me. In the rain, in the kitchen, in the living room, in the office, in the middle of the parking lot at Wal-Mart, in an elevator, you name it. He also has to make up new dance moves with me. AND he has to be the one to come up with them, not me. Oh, and he can't be a dancer. That would be too much perfection.
He has to want to sing, and loud. But not very well, because he can't steal my thunder. I want him to sing because he wants to, not because that is just how it goes for him because that's what he does all the time. He has to have a bass sounding voice, just because basses make my heart melt. :)
He has to be cute! I guess that is pretty easy to come by though.... He has to eat well, and want to eat well. He has to know how to live on a budget and stay within his means, because I sure don't have a hold on that yet. He has to take care of his body.
He has to love me for who I am, all my flaws, the 8 pounds that I would like to get rid of, my impatience, my everything. He has to carry me around. He has to open all my doors, and know that I will know when he doesn't get them. He has to treat me with respect. He has to put a blanket covering my chest when cuddling because in that position, ya know. He has to call me "beautiful" and "cute" just because he feels like it. He has to write me cute notes and letters. He has to like my curly hair. He has to like my straight hair. He has to like me with glasses and a towel on my head with no make-up and pajamas. He has to hold me tight when I cry. He has to know when to watch what he says because of the time of the month.... and still love me when I am crazy.
He has to be fun! Not a party pooper. He has to laugh, hard. He has to cry from laughing so hard. He has to like to laugh with me and at me. He has to laugh at himself! He has to cry. He has to let me hold him. He has to share everything with me without me nagging him and asking him a billion questions. He has to call me "home."
And above all, he has to be my best friend before he is my boyfriend. He has to encourage me to be my best self without saying anything.
Now, as soon as you find someone like that who isn't my dear Matthew, let me know. Good luck.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment