Sunday, May 10, 2009

Paint


My newest painting. I gave it to my aunt Peggy in Las Vegas.

You should guess which painting belongs to either Emilie, my Mom, or myself.



The question is, how can the same 3 paintings be so different? Each painting has the same design, but it reflects the person's personality.

It was so interesting to watch all the girls paint and see what different idea's they all had for the same design. Some of the colors were the same, but that is just because they were sharing colors and palette's. The butterfly's are the most different. On Emilie's painting, she has lots of colors and it isn't quite symmetrical. On my mom's, the butterfly is two different colors, but you can see each little part. On mine I tried to make it the same on both sides. I would like to re-do the middle and make it brown one of these days.

Painting is really fun. I have finished five now, and I am starting on my sixth. I already know how to do half of it, so it will be easy. It is also the first one that I am putting in my own room! I started painting around Christmas, so every painting was a gift to someone else.

I feel like I have accomplished so much! Lynda teaches me so much and helps me when I mess things up. We made a trade, so I clean her bathrooms and she teaches me to paint. I am so glad that she needed someone to clean her bathrooms because if she hadn't, I wouldn't have discovered this new talent. Thanks Lynda!

3 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Mush I just love your paintings! Maybe you can teach me when I get back. Then we'll finally be getting together on a regular basis like we always say we're gonna do. Brilliant idea!! :)

Lyra says hi in her sweet little puppy dog way.

Love you!

Mush said...

Thanks Dana! You will most certainly have to learn. It is a blast! We really REALLY are going to hang out on a regular basis. I am determined!

Lyra is so cute.

Love you!

Dana Cheryl said...

I know me too! We really are going to spend quality time together when I get back. We can paint together. Sounds like so much fun!!

Miss you!