Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple and Thanksgiving Point


The back of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

Fountain.

My family.
Front of the Oquirrh Mountain temple.

Flower in the Thanksgiving Point garden.

Pathway.

Yellow buddies.

Bright red!

It glows!


Cool Columbine

Pretty!

Umbrellas.

Umbrella reflection

Heather thinks that I should paint this one.

Woah! That's bright!

I could make a statement with that umbrella.

Waterfall amphitheater.


"Creepy" Carousel

Cool column and clouds.

Amy and Sophie.

Rose gardens.
John, Emilie, Amy, Sophie, Carl, Heather, My mom, Me.

Rose garden.

Pink roses.

Heather looking up.


This is one of my favorites.

Heather, me, and Emile.





The "perfect" rose
Swirly rose.


Sophie was eating the rose petals.


Shot of the week. I may paint this one.





Pond

Koi.

I may also paint this one.

Sophie
Mike, Sophie, Amy, and my mommy.

The fragrance gardens.

Mystic dreamer.
Don't take it away from me!

Sophie was giving Heather high 5's. It was funny.

She also loved the camera.

She is just too cute.



Rain clouds on the way home.



On Friday we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I was very excited to go. We got there and watched a movie in a tent outside about temples and the Oquirrh Mountain temple. We then went inside and I was amazed. It was so big and pretty. The exterior granite of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple was imported from China. The interior is adorned with Egyptian and Moroccan limestone flooring, oak millwork (which Heather thought looked like good violin wood), decorative paintings, gold leaf detail, and original murals. I always imagined them with closed ceilings, but it was open to the top floor. The water in the baptismal font was very VERY blue. There were a lot of people, so I felt a little rushed. I cannot wait for the day when I can go back and do my own work and take time to look at paintings or sit in one of the beautiful rooms and just think. We got to take some time and sit in one of the sealing rooms. That was when I recognized that the Spirit had been with me the whole time. A couple talked to us about the temple and Sealings and before we headed out we looked at our family in the endless mirrors. At the very end of the tour, we saw the Bridal preparation room. It made us feel pretty :). If you would like to make reservations for a tour, click here. I can't wait to go back to that same temple one day :).


Saturday we went to Thanksgiving Point and walked around in the gardens. It was raining, but they had umbrella's for us to use. There was a bride and her wedding party who also went outside, but we didn't know they were going outside and we took all but one of the umbrella's. The bride didn't get an umbrella. We walked around the gardens for about 3 hours, and got very hungry. We went to a deli and ate DELICIOUS food! Then we had to leave Carl, Mike, Amy, and Sophie. We didn't want to leave them. On our way home it rained and winded and rained like crazy! I was sleeping and the wind woke me up!

10 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Work that umbrella!!! :)

Oh my! What gorgeous pictures. The temple, the gardens, everything. Just beautiful. I felt the spirit just by looking at your pictures & reading what you had written. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Love you!

Mush said...

Thanks Dana! I loved every part of that whole trip... except when my contact ripped... but that's not the point. I loved it! You should go sometime!

mandie said...

Heyyy!!!!!!!!! Wow it's scary to think I haven't seen you since the last day of school!! That's like a health hazard of some sort! Jeez louise! lol. Yep we TOTALLY need to go be models by the railroad tracks sometime! I'm thinkin a Sat. evenin when the summer light is just perfectly yummy....hmm...hahaha. BUT one good thing about us waiting a little is I'm getting my braces off next month!!! WOOT WOOT! FINALLY! Haha. Yep, can't wait.

Anyway, we REALLY do need to get together to chit chat and catch up!! Love ya!

Oooh btw, GORGEOUS photos! Stunner!

Dana Cheryl said...

Hey I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to make your comment box pop out so I can still listen to your groovy tunes as I type. lol!

Mush said...

I'm not sure how to make it pop out... you will have to tell how to do it! I'm glad you enjoy my groovy tunes!

Dana Cheryl said...

I do truly enjoy your musical selections. :)

K here's how:

Sign in & click customize in the top right hand corner.

On the left there will be tabs labeled Postings, Settings, Layout, Monetize

Click Settings

Click the Comments subheading

You'll see Comment Form Placement

Click Pop-up Window

Save Settings

Mush said...

Done! My comments will now pop up... hopefully!

Dana Cheryl said...

Yay!!!! I love it. :)

Annette said...

I have never been to Thanksgiving Point before but now I want to go! You take amazing pictures!

Mush said...

Thanks! I love taking pictures. I could do it all day.