

Awesome trees!
Girls camp this year was awesome! I started by going on an overnight hike on the 20th of July. It rained and hailed and poured! We ending up going back to the main camp (thank goodness) and made a nice warm fire in the pavilion. We had an awesome fireside about how big of an influence young women have on young men. It was very uplifting and made me think about my guy friends.
The next day the rest of the young women came up to camp and we got to use flushing toilets! My friend Miranda is in one of the other wards that came up. She got there first and I ran to see her and hit my leg really hard on a log! It didn't really bleed, thank heavens, but it left a good bruise! The girls that went on the overnight hike got to take a shower. It was very cold, but it felt good to smell good! We had alone time during the day to read our scriptures and write in our journals. It was very nice to be away from everyone for a while.
Wednesday we did some crafty things, had more alone time, ate food, chilled, made really cheesy things, and did our skits. Ours was about Emma Smith. They dropped my scriptures at the end of it... I was pretty sad. I love my scriptures. Then we had a speaker, but I don't really remember much about what she said. Oh! Manners, appearance, and something else that I can't quite recall. Then we had testimony meeting. There is one girl in our ward who's older sister is 18 and just had a baby. This girl was telling us about how her sister is moving on with her life and it made some of the girls cry. Once we were finished with that, we tried to scare one of the other wards. We failed miserably.
So, this years girls' camp was pretty much my best year ever.
The next day the rest of the young women came up to camp and we got to use flushing toilets! My friend Miranda is in one of the other wards that came up. She got there first and I ran to see her and hit my leg really hard on a log! It didn't really bleed, thank heavens, but it left a good bruise! The girls that went on the overnight hike got to take a shower. It was very cold, but it felt good to smell good! We had alone time during the day to read our scriptures and write in our journals. It was very nice to be away from everyone for a while.
Wednesday we did some crafty things, had more alone time, ate food, chilled, made really cheesy things, and did our skits. Ours was about Emma Smith. They dropped my scriptures at the end of it... I was pretty sad. I love my scriptures. Then we had a speaker, but I don't really remember much about what she said. Oh! Manners, appearance, and something else that I can't quite recall. Then we had testimony meeting. There is one girl in our ward who's older sister is 18 and just had a baby. This girl was telling us about how her sister is moving on with her life and it made some of the girls cry. Once we were finished with that, we tried to scare one of the other wards. We failed miserably.
So, this years girls' camp was pretty much my best year ever.





















3 comments:
All in All it looks fun
Woah nice photos! My favorites are the one of the aspens where your angle is from underneath and the sky is so blue, and the second one with the sunflower! Were you using macro mode? Macro is good for close-ups because it's easier for the camera to recognize the focus on the foreground instead of the background. There's also usually a little "box" on the screen of your camera that you can use to focus on things. You might've had the box on the plants in the background on the first picture and the box on the flower for the second. I'm glad you had fun at girl's camp! Can't wait to see you again. :)
Ya! You updated your blog! I'm happy to hear that girl's camp was your best ever! Liked your pictures--a couple of them looked a bit familiar...hmmmm.....:)
Post a Comment