There will be rest, and sure stars shining
Over the roof-tops crowned with snow,
A reign of rest, serene forgetting,
The music of stillness holy and low.
I will make this world of my devising
Out of a dream in my lonely mind.
I shall find the crystal of peace, – above me
Stars I shall find.
The piece of music is one of the most beautiful pieces I have heard. In the poem, it says that there will be rest. In the chord on the word rest, there is no rest. It's like during one of your worst days and you just want to go home but you can't because you are at school or work. Then Sara Teasdale says that she will make a world from her imagination, out of a dream in her lonely mind. That is like when you are sitting bored to death in a class where none of your close friends are in. Or it is a Friday and you are thinking about what you are going to do for the weekend and then realizing that you have no plans and you get lonely. Does it surprise you that Sara Teasdale took her own life? Now, click here to listen to the song. It truly is beautiful.
On a more happy note, Lindsey and Katie came over yesterday! Lindsey is Landon's twin that I really am starting to be good friends with. I love her. And I love Katie. We sat in my room and talked and then we made rice krispies and talked some more. Then we went to the school and picked up Landon from Honor Choir. We waited for a LONG time. Katie, Lindsey, and I sat in the grass and looked up at the stars at 10 PM. It was cold, but wonderful. I was so grateful to have them with me and spend time with them. And the fact that Lindsey came over to my house without Landon still amazes me. It helped us bond more, I guess.Well, that is all for now!
2 comments:
A Capella rocks! But I miss being in the same choir as you. :( Yay colla voce next year! Yes? Yes! :)))
Me too! We had such fun times! But since we are both trying out for Mads and I am (for sure!) doing Colla Voce next year, we're all good!
Post a Comment