Sunday, January 24, 2010

Makedo

Makedo is the most awesome thing in the world! It is my school's improv club, which I am a part of. I joined at the beginning of my sophomore year and I love it! At first I was a wii bit shy and didn't really do much. In my very first show, my shyness was kind of obvious. There was a lot that I needed to do in order to become a player. I needed to take more risks, step out of my comfort zone, and be a lot louder. Brother Coder, the emcee, told me this and made me an inbetweener. That is a person who has done the workshops but has more work to be a player. Not the most fun place to be, but I took it. In our practices I tried to do all the things that he told me to do. On Tuesday, Coder asked if I was available to be in the show on Friday. Of course I was! So I find out everyone in the show, and there are only four inbetweeners. My theory, he had some system in choosing us.

Friday rolls around and I jumping in my seat all day, waiting for 6:00 when I had to be back to warm up. Nothing could stop me. I got back to the school to warm up and realized that I wasn't even nervous! Ah! We warmed up and weren't allowed to go out into the audience. Of course I left my coat in the audience so I had to run and grab it. Then we were waiting for the show to start and I was talking to Danielle. She is my new friend. Anyway, we got on stage and the audience was cheering and it felt to great! My friend, Caleb, and I were being funny with each other. While we were warming up he ran into me and I was like, "Caleb, I know you just want to be close to me, but do you really have to run into me?" So we were joking about it during the whole show. The first game we played is called "What are you doing?" It gets the audience and players warmed up. Then we played "Dr. Know-it-all" which is a team game. The audience asks questions and the player teams of four answer the question as one. They score-givers were retarted and didn't like my team even though we answered all together. Or maybe they had a vendetta against Trevor because he hasn't (until Friday) lost a Maestro show. Anyhow, the next game I played was "Buzzers and Bells." The emcee, Coder, can buzz the person if he doesn't like what they are doing in the scene. When he buzzes, you have to try again until he dings. It is not my favorite game, but for some reason I loved it this time! At the end of round one, I was eliminated. But I felt that I did the best I have ever done.

Now, back to my theory. The four inbetweeners that were in the show could fill the four players seats that were open. Well, Tuesday rolls around again, and guess what? I was half-way right. Three workshoppers (newbies) got three of the player spots. Then my friend Caleb and I also got one. Yes, there are 17 players now. I was jumping up and down for joy! It makes me feel so good that I am part of the players.






This is my dear friend Amanda. You may remember her from the 3 posts called "Adventures with Amanda." We had been wanting to take pictures in the snow but it hadn't snowed in a long time. So Thursday when it started snowing these gigantic snowflakes, she came over. That is only one of the pictures, so you have to wait for the rest. :P

1 comment:

mandiimae said...

woot! now i'm going to have to go see you in makedo! yeahhh! :D