Sunday, May 16, 2010

Flying

Flying. Some people have dreams about flying. Others with they could fly. I have two stories to tell, and they both have something to do with flying.


Flying Pigs

Yesterday, while I was giving my legs some sun, there was a certain person who came to give me my answer to Grads. When Heather and I decided that we were probably burning, we went inside. I had been telling her that I wanted my answer because I didn't want to make plans until I had it. So we start to head inside and my mom comes out. She said that there was something for me.


I got to the steps there was a very large box wrapped in comics. On this box was a piece of paper that said, "I'll go to Grads with you when pigs can fly." Okay? What did he come up with?


So I went inside and opened the box. I could see two pink balloons. When I opened the box completely, the balloons flew out of it! They had pig faces on them. There was another note that said, "Yes! These are flying pigs! Ha ha! I would love to go to Grads with you!"


Ferris Wheel

I love ferris wheels. I love watching them go around and around. The people that ride ferris wheels are interesting. So when I saw that there was a ferris wheel at the carnival, I wanted to ride on it.


Yesterday we headed over to the carnival to ride the ferris wheel. That was the only thing we did. It was John's first time. He was very nervous. We could only have two people in the seat, so I rode with John. We were going around and around. He was feeling sick and kept his eyes closed the whole entire time. At one point I told him to just think about whittling. It kept him a little more relaxed.


We had only bought enough tickets for three, so Heather bought more tickets so we could ride it together. As we were going around and around, she told me to look up. I was a little scared to at first, but I did. The sensation was amazing! It felt like we were flying.


And it felt amazing.

3 comments:

Veronica Haley said...

certain person? hmmmmmmm. . . . . . . . . i wonder

Heather Rae said...

Actually mom said "I need your help" and you said "what" and she said "could you get this thing out of my way?" It was funny. Have you ever been on the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland?

Dana Cheryl said...

i'm gonna try that the next time i'm on a ferris wheel... :)