On the 11th of May, I asked my friend Caleb Stapel to the dance after David had said no. It was Caleb's birthday. Heather and I had gone to wal-mart the night before to get everything ready. We bought wrapping paper and ribbon. Then we went home to wrap boxes.
I put a box in a box in a box in a box in box. That is five boxes. We didn't go to bed until about midnight that night.
The next day during lunch, Katie Lee gave the wrapped boxes to Caleb, and then we ran away. He opened it and was happy, I guess. The people around him sang happy birthday to him and it worked out perfectly!
I already told you about how he answered me, but if you forgot, it is in the "Flying" post below this one.
So my friend Nikki and I planned our date. We were to go repelling and then to a park for a picnic. After we ate dinner, I was to pick everyone up for the rest of the night, which included Heather's Senior recital and the dance.
Saturday I woke up at 7:45. That is not normal for a Saturday. I got myself looking decent and went to Lins to buy lunch. Yes, I cheated. While I was there I saw Sister Black and Bishop Black. They were probably buying things for their Red Cliffs adventure with the young men and young women.
Then the plan was to go pick up Caleb and go to Nikki's house. I took a little detour to my house to get some pills, because I was having major cramps. Not good.
So I got my pills and headed to Caleb's house. As I was driving on his dirt road, I realized that I had never EVER picked up a boy for a date. Oh, and it was his first date... that made me a little more nervous. So I got out of my car and went to his door. Then, I knocked on it. He answered. I was relieved.
We were walking to my car and we got in it. I had prayed the night before that I would be calm all through the day, especially while I was driving. Driving can be really scary sometimes for me.
When we arrived at Nikki's house, we left again after she was finished eating breakfast and we had the cars loaded with food and repelling gear. We drove up the canyon and found our cliff... Oh goodness. What did I get myself into?
It was a little chilly outside, so I was shaking, a lot. But I couldn't decide if it was because I was cold or if I was nervous. It was probably both. Then Glen (haha, that rhymed) told me that it was my turn to go. In my head, I was going after Caleb, but Glen obviously felt differentlly about that. I walked over to Glen and he tied me to the rope, the rope that I held on to so tight, it put indents in my fingers. Then I had to start down the cliff. That was the hardest, most frightening part. Well, I made it! I did hit one of the ledges on my butt and then I couldn't get up from my butt. It was just a little embarrassing.
When we got done the plan was to go eat lunch. It was only 10:31, so we went ABC shopping. While we were there, we saw my dad and Caleb's dad. What are the chances of going to Wal-mart and seeing BOTH of your fathers? Really?
Once Caleb and I lost the race, we went to Park Discovery to eat our lunch and play hide-and-seek. It was epic. That's all I have to say. Then I took the freeway back to their houses (which are 7 miles away from my house) and picked up Katie and Amy to do my hair.
Since it was Heather's senior recital, we had family at the house. It was nice to sit and visit during the 4 hours that I was not on a date. I haven't seen most of them in a long time.
Then at 5:30 I went back to Caleb's house so we could go back to my house for dinner. There were many trips there and back that day. His mom took pictures and we got in the car... and there was silence. The rest of the day he had been talkitive. It was only weird for a little while. We ate dinner and then picked up Nikki and Richard to go to Heather's recital.
After Heather and I performed beautifully, it was time to put the refreshments out. I had left the refreshment instructions in the car. So we went on an adventure to the car. I had taken off my 3 inch heels and was walking on the sidewalk. It hurt a little, so Caleb carried me. At the dance later, that is how our single pictures were.
The dance had crappy music. None of us could figure out how to dance to it. But we made the best of it and taught them how to swing dance. It made me happy.
Nikki had to be home around 11, so we left around 11 and went to her house for some star gazing. Nikki and Richard became slap happy tired and Caleb and myself were to the no talking tired point.
It was awesome.
4 comments:
Awww Mush! What a great day/date!!! Ya'll look super cute. Love, love, love the green!
It looks like you had fun! I'm so glad! We still need to do that "thing." I'm leaving Tuesday for the rest of the week, but we could still do it the next week. Let me know!
Well that's nice! lol so typical. oh well. what do I care if you remove my post or not
Post a Comment