This post is all about David Armijo's graduation present. I had a bunch of pictures that I had collected that had him in them. When I was looking through them, I knew I wanted to give them to him. Then my creative side of me kicked in.
At the Grad's dance, Richard Edwards showed a different side to him. He told us that he was having "deep thoughts." So we asked, and this is what he told us.
"Life is like a book. You are the author. The past is already written and you can look back through the pages and remember. The future has blank pages, just waiting to be written. As you skim through the blankness, you can predict what will happen, but you won't know until it happens."
Who would've thought that that could come out of a 16-year-old male?! We were very impressed. That is when the idea started to really come to me.
I gathered all the pictures and started writing a book. Katie and I had watched the movie "Shall we Dance" and it has the song "The book of Love" in it. As I thought about the first line, I changed it to "The book of Life."
The last week of school is miserable. We didn't do anything. So while I was being bored doing nothing, I started writing what I wanted to be in the book.
Finally I was finished. The next task was to print it. That was the pain in my butt. It just wasn't wanting to work with me! We'll just say that I went through a lot of paper before it worked with me.
Then on the day of Graduation, I took the book to David. I didn't see him open it, because that would be awkward.
The next time I saw him was at Graduation, all decked out in his graduation attire. He came up to me and told me that the book was "sweet." Now, if you know David, he uses that word very often; it is usually in an exuberant way when he uses it. This time he used it in a more appreciative, loving way. It made me want to cry.
On Saturday, while I was at my Grandma's watching Hallmark movies, Jill Armijo called me. She thanked me for the book and told me that she cried when she read it. That made me cry. I love the Armijo family so much. It means a lot to me that they appreciate the work I put into David's present.
Yesterday our stake had a combined dance with a stake from St. George. David brought his book so I could take pictures of it (just so I could write all of this). Please look at it!
![]() |
| Another free digital slideshow by Smilebox |
As I was dancing with David, all I could see in him was love. Not like the get married love, but the brotherly-sisterly love that I have for my family. It is very relaxing to have a friend like him: someone you can trust; someone you can laugh with; someone you can make the best memories with; but most of all, someone you can love unconditionally, just like your family.
On the page after the lilies, I wrote a little something to David, thanking him for being my friend.
The last few pages were blank, just like the future.

1 comment:
I find your blog very interesting Michelle. It is odd for me to understand how you feel sometimes. I mean, to love someone like a brother and not like a boyfriend blows my mind! I'm glad that now you've found a good kid ;)(I'm not just some creep that reads blogs)
Post a Comment