Monday, January 10, 2011

Giggles


Saturday night was a pretty great one. It started with babysitting my neighbors. I love those children. I hadn't babysat them in a while, a long while, so I was happy to spend some time with them. We played trouble and they talked and talked and talked. When I was putting them to bed, one of them said that they want me to babysit more often. I told them to tell their mom and dad to go on more dates. :)

After my wonderful babysitting adventure, I headed to Matt's house, 18 dollars richer. Richard was already there. And... we watched Bill Cosby.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. We were watching it on YouTube so there were breaks every now and then. Richard had to be home at 11 so he didn't finish it. I stayed, finishing the laughter. After it was over, Matt and I sat on the couch just laughing. His family had all gone to bed, trying to get to sleep, but I'm sure that didn't work very well. It was too funny to not laugh.

The next day, I was writing my horrendous book review for AP English. I was writing about asyndetons and asked my family if they wanted to know what that is. They said no, but I told them anyway. The example on my paper is "Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered)." My father decided to make a game out of that phrase. Instead of "I came, I saw, I conqured," we changed the "conquered" to fit our personality. My dad was, "I came, I saw, I talked."

My cheeks hurt.

No comments: