On Saturday morning, I was sitting at the computer, probably looking at jewelry for Prom (which is 33 days from today). My brain wasn't being used, and that was what I wanted.
Then the phone rang upstairs. Usually it isn't for me, but I knew it was when I heard John walking down the stairs. I was the only person downstairs so it just made sense to be for me.
He handed me the phone and told me that it was Sergeant someone from the Police department.
Crap?! What did I do?
So I said "Hello?"
"This is Sergeant someone from the Enoch Police department."
"Hi."
"Someone has turned it your drivers license. Did you know that it was lost?"
You see, The night that I rode on a roller coaster in front of a fire at Richard's house, I lost my drivers license. It was in my jacket pocket and must have fallen out while I was on that roller coaster ride of laughter.
So I brought this problem up to Richard a few days later. See, it is a very important thing to have this week for a few reasons. Tomorrow all the Juniors in Utah are taking the ACT funded by the state and you have to have a picture ID to take the test. Then on Saturday is Preference. I am a designated driver, so it would be best to have that little card with me while I drive 5 other people around.
Needless to say, I was very relieved that my license was found. Sergeant someone arranged to meet with me to hand my license back.
It was actually a strange situation, because he knew I didn't have my license with me, yet I was driving out to meet him so I could have it back. As I was pulling out of the driveway, a few scenario's popped into my head. What if I got pulled over on the way? Yeah, pretty sure the cop pulling me over would not have believed that I was going to another cop to get my lost license.
Well, I didn't get pulled over, but the Enoch police department was closed. Luckily this nice Sergeant dude was waiting for me and gave me my license.
The end!
2 comments:
You are very lucky! I'd have laughed if he tried to set you up with his son or something.
Not that you had your license with you when you were driving at preference anyway....
Post a Comment