Sunday, February 20, 2011

I feel like I don't have anything really that exciting to share with you. Mostly because it would not make any sense. But I will try.

If you Richard 'The Chard' Edwards, you can stop reading this now, unless, of course, you want to remember all the . . . interesting things that he does.

This week was a crazy one. If you also read my quote blog, talk to me a lot, or have come to my house, you know that it is a disaster. Our turtle tank flooded about a month ago, requiring some serious attention to the floors upstairs and my ceiling downstairs. My house has been not very orderly in that time because we were two bedrooms out, putting all those things in the living room. We bought two new beds and had the new wood floor and carpet put in this week. It finally feels a little less messy, but there is still a lot to do.

I also had to do the biggest paper of my life this week. To make another month become a short story, it was a pain in the butt and I am glad it is over. And I did learn a lot about writing a paper in during that paper.

After a week of stress, you need to party. So party we did! Matt and I drove to Richards house (had a very nice conversation that shows much we think alike), and we weren't prepared for what was to come.

Richard and Matt had decided that we were going to have a bonfire. I was excited, except, they didn't tell me to bring my research stuff with me.

So outside we went with gasoline, a box of matches, and a bunch of wood. Richard started the fire while Matt and I moved the chair around to avoid the smoke and ashes. I discovered at that time the difference between scout camp and girls' camp. See, girls say that smoke follows beauty, but boys say that it follows the last person who farted.

Then the good stuff happened. Matt and I sat while Richard did a stand-up comedy routine for about two hours.

This will be the best way I can describe how hard we laughed. Because it was cold even with the fire, I sat on Matt's lap. Now, when he laughs really hard, his whole body moves. As Richard was describing roller coasters in 6 Flags, I felt like I was on which ever one he was describing.

It was awesome. We have decided that Richards new calling in life is to be a comedian.

Maybe one day we will be smart and film him.

Let me tell you, I am so very excited to go to Preference with him on March 5. Soon I might just be counting down the days.

The end!

No comments: