Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thundercloud

Life inside the bubble is pretty great, which is actually pretty strange.

See, sometimes I feel like giving up on all that I have been taught and all that I have been fighting for and against. It gets so hard. In Madrigals we are singing a song called MLK. It is from Martin Luther Kings "I have a Dream" speech. I suddenly feel so inclined to share it with you.

Sleep, Sleep tonight,
And may your dreams be realized.
If the thundercloud passes rain,
So let it rain,
Let it rain,
Rain on him.


Today while we were singing the song, Mrs. Tawa expressed that she couldn't figure out what the thundercloud was. I just so happen to think that the thundercloud may be our trials, being attacked by some force that brings us down. But I know that trials give us experience (D&C 122:7) and that we come out better people because of them.

I can tell you that the particular situation I am thinking happens more often than I want it to and that the concept hasn't really changed. But every time I remember to fix things, I know that I can do it. At first the feeling was abstract and more of an empty promise. But as I have pondered and learned and searched and prayed and listened, I have come out with intense feelings of strength and peace that if I keep battling the forces against me and what is right that life in the bubble will be even better than it is now.

It is such a great feeling, I just have to remember to feel it!

It's like when you forget something and you go searching for it, all the while trying to remember what it is you are looking for. You just forgot what you were seeking! So you go back to where you were, and suddenly you remember.

So what I am really trying to tell you is this: no matter what happens, continue to stay close to your values and all that you have learned. I don't care if you are LDS or Catholic or not religious at all, just do it!

1 comment:

mandiimae said...

that song.

=

amazing.