Here we go!
As you have seen, the Madrigal callbacks were on Thursday with all those people in the room. It was exciting time. I was impressed by everyone that made it and was excited to really be kidnapped, even though they were liars and told us they weren't going to.
So at 3:32 am, I was woken up by 5 people in my room who jumped on my bed, hit me with pillows, and woke up the entire house, which was expected. We went out the door and got in the car and I asked them if Richard had made it. And he didn't.
Can I just say that I was devastated? If there was anyone that I wanted to be in Madrigals that wasn't already in, it was him. He has never sang in choir, but when we heard him in callbacks, it was amazing! He stood tall, holding his music correctly, and put me in awe. But, it is okay.
Then I found out that Charley didn't make, either. And then that Austin didn't make it. It was so hard for me to be happy when the people that I really REALLY wanted to sing with didn't make it. And then when I walked into the place and saw my nightmares come true, I didn't know how to handle things, especially because I was super tired.
We sat in a circle and had to tell two things about ourselves. Cameron LeFevre admitted that he had a crush on Chelsea Gover, who was sitting a few spots away from him. After we got through the circle, they had us go upstairs in two's, a boy and a girl. We had to close our eyes and go into the opposite sexes bathroom. So I walked in and the door closed. Suddenly I was being attacked my lips. Jordan, Nate, and Chandler kissed our cheeks and forehead and put a sign on our necks that said, "Kiss me! I made Mads!"
Then we played truth-or-dare, but the things were already made up. Nate Hansen, who is super muscular and very humble and shy, had to run around the outside of the gym with his shirt off. He, being humble and shy, did not let us see him without his shirt on. He went up the stairs and took off his shirt and then didn't come back down until it was on his body again. It made me laugh.
It was a long morning. I just had too many thoughts that weren't my happy ones going through my head.
It made for a long day. My thoughts were consumed by my nightmares, my desires, and my disappointments. I could hardly be excited, no matter how hard I tried to be excited. Luckily, I have this best friend named Matt who is the best listener in the world. He picked me up after third and we went to my house. There was a water polo tournament, so I decided that I wanted to look a little more awake for that. I put on my make-up and did my hair, ate some real food, and then we watched the Princess and the Frog. It all made me feel a little better.
Then we went to the pool and had a good time. Our team, both the boys and the girls, won all their games on Friday. My brain was really the only part of me that was tired. It was really interesting at times, because I would start talking really fast about nothing and I didn't even realize it too much. I would also lay my head on Matt's shoulder and sink into this space of nothingness in my brain. Don't even ask me what went on around me, because I couldn't tell you unless it was during one of the boys' games.
After the games were all over, we went to Matt's house for a movie. It was my fourth movie of the day. Richard was over his disappointment of Madrigals and we had fun. We sat on the couch with popcorn and blankets and kept Michelle warm. I discovered that day the symptoms of being tired: nausea and not being able to maintain my body temperature. I was sitting by Matt like I always do with Richard on the other side. Matt let me use his blanket that I made him for Christmas and then I was still cold. So we combined all of our body head and added a blanket on me, and I was still cold! It was crazy.
So, that is part one of my few crazy days. Part two will come when I have access to pictures. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment