Monday, March 14, 2011

Wisdom

About three weeks ago, I went to my favorite place in the whole entire world: The Dentist. It was a normal trip, you know the hygienist making you bleed and telling you to open your mouth bigger, resulting in you closing your mouth more because you are mad at her. Well, the only good thing about this hygienist was that she didn't complain about watching Cake Boss and she gave me a full panoramic x-ray to see my wisdom teeth. After she was finished torturing me, the dentist came in and told me that I didn't have any cavities, but it was probably a good time to get my wisdom teeth out. And it is true. My bottom left wisdom tooth was pushing on all my other bottom left teeth.

The news was spread everywhere in my bubble. Heather also needed her wisdom teeth out, so we were going in together.

The day came on Friday March 11. I was already acting like I was on drugs, so nothing really changed for me. I attribute that to the lack of sleep all last week. We got to the office in our pajamas and everyone knew why we were there, just because we were in our pajamas. Then we filled out our paperwork and laughed and talked and such. Heather got to go in first. I don't really know what happened with her, but she got this cool certificate for having her first IV! It made me laugh.

So at 10:00 it was my turn. I went to the very back room and sat down in the dentists chair. The nurse lady hooked me up to this thingy that took my blood pressure every fifteen minutes and it had my heart rate. It was interesting to see what made my heart rate go up. Then this nice nurse lady put my first IV in me and I got the cool certificate. Then I sat there listening to my heartbeat and dad, who was rather boring like usual, but I didn't mind. We heard the nurse ladies tell Heather to open her eyes and I knew it was almost my turn.

Soon the doctor came in and my heart rate went up. My mom teases me about this. Anyway, he gave me a brief run down of something, probably the procedure, and then put the sleepy stuff into my IV. He told me that I would start feeling drowsy and I said that I already was. Then he asked me if I was still in high school. I told him that I was a junior and that it is fun.

The next thing I knew, my glasses were back on my face and I was on the move! Just to the recovery room with recliners, but that is a move. I sat down and, I don't even know. There were a lot of people I think. They put this funky ice contraption on my head and told me to keep the gauze in for the blood clots. Then they told us that we had to have a milkshake. Heather and I didn't complain about that one.

So we went to the van, which was an adventure in and of itself, and went downtown for milkshakes. My dad made us get out of the car. I didn't want people to see me with a funny looking ice contraption on my face! Oh well. We went inside Bulloch Drug and got our milkshakes and prescriptions. The employees had sympathy for us, but we were feeling good, man!

Then we went home and I was feeling rather nauseous. So I went into John's room and slept for about two hours. Around 1:30, I heard someone peek into my sleeping quarters, and my Matt senses went off. My dad was with him and my dad didn't want to wake me up, so they went into the living room. Shortly after, the doorbell rang. That's when my Carri senses went off. So I figured that I should go visit the people that came to visit me. I was happy to see those two.

We watched The Princess Diaries (the second one) and Carri went to practice at three. Matt was feeling ill, so he stayed with me. We finished the movie and then watched Twilight. The poor kid. All the while he was telling me when I had to put my ice contraption on my face and when I could finally take it off my face. I probably would have ditched the stupid thing if he wasn't telling me to put it on and take it off.

At about 6, Matt went home to eat dinner. At that time I ate some mashed potatoes and then laid down in my bed for a while. Then when I felt like it, I called Matt and told him to come back over after he called Chard.

Matt arrived at my house first and felt bad because my family was still eating dinner. My dad told him that he was never an intrusion, unless we were all asleep. And its true.

Chard arrived and I couldn't help but smile. Carl, Taley, and my mom went out to rent a movie, so the three of us went to the movie room and continued to watch Twilight. Chard shared some secret information with us that makes me very happy. Yes, very happy indeed.

Anyway, we watched Despicable Me with the whole family while Carl typed my essay that I got an 8.5 on! Matt told me when I could take the stupid ice thing off and when to put it back on. Chard gave me some leg support. Daniel smelled funny and I was worried that it was me because I hadn't brushed my teeth (story of my past few days. I mean, I have, it just doesn't do anything to make my breath smell better).

That is pretty much how the past few days have been. I haven't been loopy because I haven't taken very much lortab. My cheeks have hardly been swollen. Sure, I have been in pain every now and then, but its not awful. My family and Matt have taken very good care of me. Matt drives me home when I feel nauseous at school, my mom came home yesterday to assist my worries, and the list goes on and on.

No comments: