Saturday, March 12, 2011

A four letter word

Prom!

Hehe.

So, this is how the story goes. It started in Seminary two days after my birthday. We do spotlights and I happened to be spotlighted that day. So the whole class knew what I liked to do and what not. At about 8:45, Brother Callister came in and interrupted our class, saying that he had an announcement and it was for me. While I was walking over to him, he pulled out these giant green balloons and a neon orange poster. I knew what was going on at that moment. The poster said the following:

"Everything in life is easy, it is just difficult to be good at it." -Martin Bradwards
Asking you to Prom is no exception, even with a hot body like mine. Needless to say I have been sticking me tongue out a lot trying to figure it out (and making this poster)..........

Then there is this stick person of Matt who has these nice muscles, annoying ears, and the tongue sticking out.

I was thinking about explaining these inside jokes to you, my fellow blog reader, but it would be pretty difficult. Brother Stone had me read it out loud and everyone just had these blank stares on their faces. That is when I told myself I wouldn't even try to explain it to anyone.

Since I am a smart person and use my brain, I knew that the balloons and neon orange poster was not the only thing coming to me. So I got to second period late and another poster came to me. Region Solo and Ensemble was that day and we were rehearsing like there was no tomorrow. I didn't want Mr. Jordan to stop everything for the poster because it wouldn't make sense to anyone! Thankfully he didn't. This time it was a white poster.

I thought about how to ask you, but I couldn't think of how. I must have "brain damage" because all I could think was "I DON'T KNOW!" (Bill Cosby accent). I guess I am pretty artistic after all.

This poster has a picture of us at a table. Matt is playing with the paint water and I am painting. Matt has bubble that says, "Don't make fun of me!" and I am just laughing at him.

You are lucky with this poster, because it can make perfect sense! In December, I wrote about being artistic, and if you go to YouTube and type in Bill Cosby Himself, you will find the rest. But lucky for you, I found the link to the exact part in that thing so you don't have to watch 12 parts!

So then third period comes around and I am trying to write adverbial clauses. But I can't focus. I checked the door about 500 times and then Chard appeared. I stood up and went over to him. He handed me another white poster and some bananas.

So I guess what I'm really trying to say is "Friends are like bananas", they ask each other to go to dances and stuff....... I'm not sure now that works, but just go with it.

This one isn't too hard to explain. There was this one day that Matt didn't swim very well at a meet and he was rather depressed. So I took him bananas. Then a few days later he had a bad day, so I took him bananas while he was at practice. With those bananas, I wrote a quote that started with "Friends are like Bananas..." and then made it fit whatever was going on. For Christmas I made him a tie blanket with his name and "Friends are like Bananas..." on the bottom.

Since it was SEOP week, lunch was after third period. I practiced with Amy for my solo the first part of lunch and then went to the table to eat my food. Matt was there and he looked awful. He caught some kind of bug and didn't even eat lunch. I wasn't feeling very well myself, so we were an entertaining bunch. But we were still both happy because of all these ongoings.

So fourth period Matt delievered the last poster with Peanut Butter M&M's.

Since we share a brain anyway, you probably saw this coming (stick figures Matt and Michelle with brain waves coming out of heads). So would you like to put on your SPARKLY shoes and your big, poofy DRESS and go to PROM with me? -Matt Bray (Please don't lie to me like you always do).

The boy did good. Although no one understood but 5 people, I wouldn't have it any other way. Because it was region Solo and Ensemble, it was a really busy day. At first i thought that he picked a bad day, but then I remembered that bananas help with nerves. Then when I didn't have time to get my own food and was starving, I just ate peanut butter M&Ms. He picked a great day.

I answered him the next day with Army dudes set up in his room. I made a little thing that said, "Not even an Army could stop me from going to Prom with you." John helped me put about 255 army dudes in his room (some of which he will find a long time from now) and I wrote "yes" on his wall with army dudes.

My dear friend Ronda Shearer hemmed my dress and pulled up the shoulders and it is now sitting in the dress closet, waiting for its picture to be taken.

I am so excited for the 9th of April. While I was making an Army in Matt's room, his mom came down to tell me that she was leaving to take Amberly (Matt's sister) to dance. She proceeded to say a few of my favorite words in the same sentence: Matthew, dress, and tuxedo.

4 comments:

Veronica Haley said...

Ah, so cute! Go matt!

Carrianne said...

haha I love it. Now everything makes sense :)

R.T. Vance said...

Oh do pray tell where are those duds that are hid so well as that they wont be found for a while?

Mush said...

I can't tell you where they are hidden! Matt reads my blog, ya know.