
The other day in painting....
You know how band geeks say "That one time at band camp" or something of the sort? That is what my phrase reminds me of.
So, as I was saying, Monday in painting was pretty hilarious. I was in a really good mood, and of course Matt was, too. That is a good thing. It makes for some pretty interesting times.
This day I started to paint my flowers. I was using my little brush so Matt played with my dirty water and clean brush.
Since I was so actively painting, I used lots of supplies. At one point I had to get more paper towels or something like that. When I got back to the table, Matt was swishing the paint brush in the pink water. He says that he was popping bubbles. Anyhow, I simply went over and said, "Matt, you look autistic."
Matt is brilliant. He got this happy look on his face and said thank you. I sat down and pondered why he would say thank you so happily. It then occurred to me that he thought I had called him "artistic."
Oh, that explains everything! After about 30 seconds of pondering, I turned to him and said, "Matt, I didn't say artistic."
He then said, "Oh," in the best Matt way he could. We laughed for a long time.
Actually, we are still laughing about it.
2 comments:
Though autistic people can be pretty good with artsy stuff, so that could have worked too, ha ha.
That makes me smile. . . my day is now brighter
Post a Comment