Thursday, December 30, 2010

Humanity


For all of you who have seen the movie Tangled, you might remember the line in which Rapunzel says, "Where's your humanity?"

Well, I found mine the other day. Usually that is not one of those things that you might admit to, because you always want to have humanity. I always have humanity, but sometimes I re-discover it.

Richard, Matt, and I were at Matt's house watching The Princess and the Frog the other day. Since Christmas was just last week, there was a lot of yummy treats left over. We were mulit-tasking, watching the movie and eating the food in the kitchen. When you eat treats, you've gotta drink water. We were done eating, but I was still drinking... water. I couldn't take my cup into the living room so I gulped down all that water quickly.

We were sitting on the couch laughing, and a burp came out of me! It stayed in my mouth (if that makes any sense to you) causing Matt and I to giggle. I am a polite person, so I said, "Excuse me." Matt then said something like, "At least it's not like, big."

Yeah, we laughed a little bit.

That night I had a hilarious dream. In my dream, the three of us were sitting on the couch watching that same movie. This time, however, Matt passed some gas. We sat on the couch and giggled after he said "excuse me."

Humanity? Yes. Did the story surprise you? Yes. Are we crazy?

Yes.

Did you figure that out on your own?

Probably.

No comments: