Sunday, December 26, 2010

Follow the Leader

Christmas is always a great time. You get to spend time with your family and eat lots of food.

On Christmas Eve we set out to good old Ely, Nevada for Christmas. I was feeling rather ill and tired. The day was rather gray. We drove west through the mountains and fog. Fog is a cool thing. The drive was beautiful. It made me feel pretty good inside.

Ely is actually a beautiful little town. The snow sparkled like none other (of course I liked that). I was so happy to see my Grandma and Aunt Peggy and Great Aunt Dede, just like I always am when I have the chance to see them.

That is a taste of how beautiful it really was.

Unfortunately, I was not feeling it this time around. I felt rather grouchy and like I was not much fun to be around. Sure, I was sick, but it's really no excuse.

Hopefully I did a good job of hiding those things. Dinner was good, frozen lasagna, and dessert was good, pumpkin pie. We played phase 10 and didn't even make it through all of the phases. There was laughter and happiness all around.

Then we went to bed in the FREEZING basement. That basement feels like laying outside under the stars looking at them in the middle of the fall. Heather and I had to sleep with seven blankets on the bed.

The next morning we opened presents. Big shocker, eh? I thought so. My mom bought Heather and I barbies. Heather got Belle and I got Tiana. To go with the Princess barbies, we got their movies (Beauty and the Beast and The Princess and the Frog.) We were rather excited about that.

My least favorite present came from Aunt Flow (notice that I didn't mention her on the list of people I was excited to see). That explained all the "not feeling" its.

After the opening of presents, Heather, Emilie, my dad and I went on a photo shoot.
We saw these ducks and many others, plus some geese. One of the geese had dalmation print feathers.

One of the ducks escaped from the pond! I discovered him waddling around. So I made a video of the little thing. He would waddle away from you when you followed him, but if you stood still he would get closer. My dad decided that it was time to go, so Heather and I started leaving the duck. We turned around to see if he was going to be okay, and he was following us! It was the cutest thing ever!

1 comment:

Heather Rae said...

Hee hee, I marked your blog funny, interesting, and cool! Go to bed!