
October 9th, 1956. The day I made my decision. The day it all fell apart. My name is Wallace Highduczec, I am seventeen, I like music, like every teenager, and a somewhat hard-to-understand person. I'll admit, I make rash decisions, which is another trait of being youth. I have dark brown hair, green eyes, bad skin, and have managed to be skinny, chubby, and muscular all at once. I'm kind of a boring person, I like to go on walks by myself with my dog, Noms. I own a guitar, but never learned to play it, mostly because I'm too impatient with inanimate objects, and after a while, looking down at my finger position makes my neck hurt. My aunt, Elenore, who passed away a year later, gave it to me for my 13th birthday, thinking it could help me develop a social life. I don't really have any friends at all. Her, my mom and dad, and my two younger siblings are the only family I've ever known. I'm told that I have an older sister named Belle, but I'm still skeptical on that. I also live in a house far from town. My mom was a drunk, and I wouldn't consider myself a bastard child but more of a bastard teenager, because my dad left when I was fourteen. He also had a severe drinking problem. With him gone, and my mom unfit to tend to the younger ones, Allie and Timothy, I had to stay at my house most of the time. The only person I could consider a friend was Elliot. He was a musician with long, blond, shaggy hair.
Then it happened, October 9th, 1956. If I would have been at the house like I was 90% of the time, it probably wouldn't have happened. But I was out with Elliot. My mom was sober when I had left, she told me I could go hang out with my friends, and had cleaned the whole house that day. I guess she wasn't sober for long. For some reason she apologized for what she did to me, I didn't know what that was all about. She seemed really nice, sober. But drunk, she was either angry, depressed or passed out on the living room couch. Some government people made a surprise visit and decided to take my mom and Timothy and Allie into custody, she was jailed and the her two children were put up for adoption. When I returned home, the sad fact hit me, my day went from great to plain Hell. I turns out the best day I had in a long time ended up as the worst. I felt like it was all my fault and I felt that I had lost everything. All I had left was a dead-beat dad and a missing sister. I'll admit, I really didn't think my decision out too well, but as I fell into it, it was too late to turn back.
As I walked away from my house with a suitcase full of my belongings, some money I found around the house and Noms, the only thing I could think of was my dad coming home one day and finding nothing but the terrible I note left behind, explaining everything. Karma would pay him a visit that day. And he wouldn't like it.
So there I was, a mite in the beehive and a bee in the unforgiving forest. I couldn't bare to stay in that house. It brought back too many memories, both happy and sad. Like the day my mom was sober enough to take me, Allie, and Timothy on a picnic at the park, and it depressed me to see it all taken away. I was a weak person by running from the ache on my life.
Woah. My friend Zane wrote this today. I was so impressed, I had to share it with everyone!
Plans for tonight: Party, party, dance, sing my guts out, dance, party, sleep!
Happy New Years Eve!
1 comment:
wow. deep. I wish i could write like that . . .
Post a Comment