Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nightmare

Teletubies. Every parents worst nightmare. Well, maybe not ALL of them, but at one point is was my mothers. Although, she didn't know that at the time.

When I was five, I loved the teletubies. I watched them everyday when I got home from Kindergarten. If I didn't watch them, I was sad. It became an obsession.

You think I may be joking, but I promise you that this is a true story.

One day, in my clever mind, I decided that I wanted to visit the teletubies in teletubie land.

Remember, this is no joke.

So I headed out on my adventure. I started at the swing set. In the red swing I sat and pumped it really REALLY high with the hopes of it taking me to that wonderful place. After, oh probably 3 minutes, I knew that the swing wasn't going to take me to teletubie land.

My clever mind decided that I should walk to teletubie land. Inside I went to pack my pillowcase full of things that I may need while in that... wonderful... place. I packed a piece of paper and pencil so I could write a letter to my mom, an extra pair of underwear, and my toothbrush. All the essentials, I know.

Once I was finished packing, I told my mom that I was going to teletubie land. She didn't believe me, of course, but I wasn't joking. I walked out the door and down my street, past the church, and to the corner of the busiest street in town.

I was facing the mountains and I remember thinking, "If I cross 13 mountain, I will get to teletubie land." While I was thinking this, a lady noticed me standing on the corner. She came over to me and asked me if I was lost. I said no. Then she asked me if we should call my mommy. I said no and walked back to my house.

See, teletubies are a parents nightmare.

1 comment:

Heather Rae said...

". . . Over the hills and far away, Telletubbies come to play!"

Creepy.

But yes, it is a true story.