Thursday, May 31, 2012

On This Day

On this day, exactly a year ago, my life changed for the better.  Today Matt and I celebrate our "I love you"-iversary, although I am the only one celebrating, all things considered.  The thought probably didn't even cross his mind, and that is perfectly fine with me.  So, in celebration of this day, I am going to share the story with you, taken straight from my journal.  And then I am going to buy him a new shirt, which I will hold onto for a couple years. :)

So, on this day exactly one year ago, Matt was working at the SUU pool.  I embarked on an adventure to pick up job applications.  Oh joy.  Apparently I visited him after I picked up a few applications.  I even took him lunch.  He said, "I am being paid to talk to you and hold your hand."  Then I pulled his rolly chair closer to me and we kissed.  :-)

He got off work at 1:00 and came straight to my house.  No one else could do anything with us, so we had to keep it simple and at my house, so we sat outside on my porch swing/glider thing.  We just talked and held hands and cuddled and tried not to kiss too much and laughed.  It was perfect.

We were talking about something and it reminded Matt of Dr. Suess's book The Lorax.  I had never heard of it, so we decided that we had to read it.  So off we went to the public library to find the book!

We walked in holding hands and saw Jessie Byers.  Then we walked back to the children's section to search for the book.  It was a little hard to find, but we found it, along with another one!  We sat in a little corner, NOOK!, and read the books to each other.  Matt read The Lorax, which is about killing the environment.  I read the other one about Oobleck, stuff that falls from the sky and is like glue all because the King was tired of the normal things that came from the sky, like sunshine and rain and fog and snow.  The Oobleck takes over and then the king says "sorry" and that "it is my fault."  Then the Oobleck disappears.

While I was reading to Matt, he put his head on my shoulder and I rested my head on his head.  I was holding the left side of the book with my left hand and then he put his hand other that one.  Then with the other hands we intertwined our fingers.  It made me VERY happy.  :-)

The best part was all the funny looks people gave us.  There was this little girl that stared at us funny and then ran away.  A few adults really gave us strange looks.  Jessie Byers had a dreamy, happy look on her face.  :-)

This picture was taken at the library that very day. :-)


After we finished our two books that took an hour to get through (Dr. Suess writes long books), we went to Top Spot for vanilla ice.  There was a creepy old guy that was a little scary, but Matt was with me, so it was all good.

Around 4:00 we went back to my house and sat on the swing/glider thing again.  We continued our talking and laughing and cuddling.  At one point, Matt told me that he really liked me.  We probably kissed and then I said, "You like me a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot?"  And then he said, "Like, I love you."

Sigh.  I squealed, apparently.  I was just melting all over the place.  We kissed and then I said, "I love you, too," while we hugged.

Later, when talking about this moment, Matt said, "Your reaction melted my heart like never before, you have no idea.  It was like 'finally!' mixed with 'I love you too!' and 'you're so so cute!' and 'aaaaawwww!!!' and 'did you really just say that (in a good way)?!' and all that combined and put it on your beautiful face with all the sincerity of heart.  It was simply beautiful and amazing."

There is the story.  Now I am on cloud 9 again. :-)  Sorry if it was a little mushy, but you are the one who chose to keep reading.  Have a great day!

No comments: