Sunday, June 10, 2012

I love you because...

I love you because... we write each other letters.

I love you because... you are really good about always brushing your teeth.

I love you because... you try so hard to make me happy.

I love you because... You are so freakin' cute!  (I love this one.  :-))

I love you because... You have a cute laugh.

I love you because... you get along with my family.

I love you because... you want to go to the temple.

I love you because... you like to kiss me.

I love you because... you put God first.

I love you because... you are really cute when you are wearing your glasses and all sleepy. :-)

I love you because... I look better in pictures with you.

I love you because... you can admit embarrassing things to me.

I love you because... you make good scarves.

I love you because... you aren't afraid to kiss me in front of people.

This week has been a good one.  I got my letter on Tuesday, and I just want to share a little bit with you because it has changed how I am dealing with everything.

"I was talking to Elder Parker, the one who has a girlfriend and a similar story.  He showed me some of his letter, and she sounds so much like you it's weird, except you are mine, so that makes you much awesomer.  :-)  We've become each others support group."

Later in the letter:

"Elder Parker's girlfriend seems to want to talk to you.  Elder Parker gave me her information to [the next word is unreadable, so we are saying:] give to you.  [Then he says something about not being able to remember my number or anything, which is good.]  He came up with a name for the support group along the lines of 'The girls with boyfriends going to spanish speaking missions who went to BYU who they 100% plan on marrying when they come home who were in the same zone at the MTC.'"

So there was a little card with Elder Parker's girlfriends name, phone number, email, facebook stuff, you name it.  Her name is Lindsay Marie Par... whoops.  Not Parker.  I got ahead of myself.  :)  But it does flow quite well.  :)  I emailed her that same day and we have been emailing ever since then.  And we are very much alike.  It is almost freaky.

It has really helped me to be happy.  We both soon discovered that it really helps to talk about our boys.  It makes it feel like they didn't just disappear off the face of the planet, even if they did in a way.  I have gone to bed so much happier since Tuesday just because I know that there is someone who is going through the same thing as I am, right here, right now.  I know that there a lot of people who can relate to my situation, but it is different to have someone my age, in the same stage.  It is so comforting to me.

So, welcome Lindsay, to my blog!  It is a big step for someone to appear here.  :)

In other news, tomorrow is Mexico day!!!!!!  Matt leaves the MTC tomorrow morning at 6:00 am for his 10:00 flight to Mexico City where his mission president will meet him.  It is a non-stop, 6 hour flight.  I am so excited for this part of the journey!  There are a few other missionaries flying to Mexico with him, but he is the only one going to Mexico City South.  The mission is 20 square miles (today when I was telling two of my friends in relief society I said 20 square inches.  We laughed pretty hard :)) and includes part of the city and suburbs.  I am so excited to hear about the culture and the people and everything that he will have to tell me.  It might be a little while before any letters, but that is okay.  :)

Have a good week!

No comments: