General conference. Wow. That pretty much changed my life forever. Why? Well, if you don't already know, President Thomas S. Monson, the Prophet, Seer, and Revelator for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints made an announcement that changed the world.
I have always wanted to serve a mission, but didn't think I would. And now I am going to! It is official. That's that. :)
As I was reading in Romans chapter 1, I feel like it was just so profound and perfect for my situation. I imagine that this might be something I would say at my own mission farewell. The verses are 6-12 and then verse 16.
"Among who are ye also called of Jesus Christ;
To
all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you
and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
For
God is my witness, who I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son,
that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;
Making request, if by any means now at length I mighgt have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto.
For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
For
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God
unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also
to the Greek."
I, like Paul, am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, and I am going to go out there and preach it. That, my friends, is where you find pure joy. Christ brings us pure joy. Why do you need God when your life is already pretty good? Because He will make you happier. He wants us to be happy. So if you haven't found Him yet or need to put Him more in the center of your life, do it! You will find happiness beyond your comprehension. :)
(This is where I do my happy dance) I'm going on a mission!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment