Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes: A few of my favorite things

Today I was trying to clean my room.  I got distracted by a box of letters that I wrote to Matt before his mission.  There is also a box of letters that he wrote to me.  Sometimes I pull random ones from the boxes and read them.  Today I pulled out a few of the ones that I wrote to him, and it was just so precious.  So I'm going to share it here!

Dear Matt,
My life is so crazy and full of stress.  At this moment that I'm writing, you are blind to my day, but by the time you read this, you will already know.

Today my dad a seizure while he was walking to the doctor's office.  He feel flat on his face, causing his teeth to poke out of his lip and other various injuries to his body.  It is so scary.  He didn't come home until about 4:13, and then 4 minutes later, one of my managers called to tell me I was late for a day of work I had overlooked on my schedule.  It was so very inconvenient for me to go to work with the condition of my father.  But I was there in 5 minutes.

I only stayed for about 10 minutes.  I helped a few customers, made a shake, and told Bryan my situation.  His wife decided to cover for me, and I sped back home.

Running down the stairs, I went to tell my dad and John that they didn't need to worry about dinner.  (Just a personal insert right now:  my mom was gone, leaving me with dinner, and the night before my dad had tried to cook but fell backwards and hit his head on a cupboard from having a seizure).  My dad asked how I got out of work and I told him exactly what happened.  I told him that there was no way in this world that I could be away from home at this time without my mom here.  We both cried.

Let me tell you, I can't think of a time where I wanted to talk to you so much in a time of distress.  You help me feel so much better about everything in my life.  With you, I can feel relaxed and just be myself.  I am so looking forward to talking to you soon so my heart can heal a little.

Love, Michelle Lorena

P.S.  I love you!

I dug through the notes he wrote to me to find his response to my letter.  It is just a little snippet.

It breaks my heart to hear about all the bad things happening in your life and I want to help so bad, but I can't really do much at all.  At least I will get to hold you this weekend.

 So, that is one of my favorite things.  I have the most amazing boy in the world.  He really does take care of me and help me, even when he is so far away.  The distance has only brought us closer.  :)

Back to cleaning and studying!

No comments: