

Before I start what I really came to blog about, I found this amazing poet! His name is John Keats. He is one of the worlds greatest romantic poets. My mom and I watched at movie about him called "Bright Star." Bright Star is actually one of the poems he wrote. It is beautiful. You would be a very smart person to go look it up!
Now to what I came here to write. These are two of my best friends (of many) in the whole entire world. On Tuesday we decided that we needed to watch "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" together. So Landon and I went over to Katie's house to watch the movie. It was a blast! We laughed and talked and laughed some more.
Katie and I have been friends since 6th grade. We are best friends. I don't even think we have ever had a real fight, which is good. I have always been grateful that she has stayed by my side, even when I wasn't doing the best things in the world. She is the only one that really knows who I am and everything I have done. Everyone else just knows the icing on the cake. It is nice to have someone that knows everything outside of your home.
Landon and I are new friends. I talked about him a little bit when I bought my ukulele, but now I feel like I know him better, therefore I can blog about him a little more. Landon makes me smile, inside and out. He talks a lot, which is great. He can share with me how he feels. But sometimes I feel like he is holding back, but maybe that is just me. I love it when we talk for hours and it feels like it hasn't been that long and it's not really that late. But that hasn't happened for a little while. I really miss it.
Anyway, while we were waiting for Landon's mom to pick us up, Katie and I waltzed in her driveway. We are taking a ballroom dance class right now. I like that we can dance together and not feel weird. Then we all laid down in the snow and looked at the stars, which is where the picture of all of us comes from. Thanks for making my life a billion times better!
3 comments:
Another great post Mush!
The way you describe your friendships inspires within me a desire to have a relationship like that with Jesus. Ya know, he knows everything there is about me all the ins & outs. He can see past "the icing" as you so aptly put it.
I've been busy lately & wrapped up in school, myself, and my problems. I wonder if He's sad that I'm 'holding back' during prayers. I think of Him as someone who wants to have long talks with me and misses my company when I don't come around so often.
I've been thinking a lot about my relationship with the Savior today. Your comments about your friendships helped me put it all together.
Thanks as always Mush! I miss you!!
I'm gonna go look up Keats now...
((HUGS))
Dana, you just made my day! I had no idea that my little post could affect you so much! Especially when it is the Savior that you were thinking of. Of course I didn't think about it like that, but now I can see it! You are amazing. God is amazing. All my friends are amazing.
You should definately watch the movie "Bright Star." It made me want to cry!
Your Welcome! I miss you too!
((hugs!))
Awwwww! Mutual love fest in action!! :)
I will definitely put "Bright Star" on my Netflix queue!!
Post a Comment