Friday, February 19, 2010

My contacts weren't in

This week was absolutely amazing! It didn't start out the best, but by the end it all worked out in the best way humanly possible.

Wednesday I took my drivers test. I was way nervous! At one point I could feel my heartbeat under my seat belt. It had been a bit of an off day, so I was a little shaky and not functioning normally. But, I PASSED! Well, just barely passed, but I can still get my licence the day after my birthday!

Also on Wednesday, Mrs. Tawa put up the Madrigal call back list. There were three of my friends who tried out that didn't make it. It was hard because those of us who did make it didn't feel like we could celebrate very much because we didn't want to rub it in. My friend Kaitlyn is one of the one's that didn't make it. Her brother goes to the school. She found him and cried in his arms. It made me want to cry.

Thursday was the night of call backs. I screamed a lot during the day. It was crazy. After school I went over to Lynda's to paint. When my mom picked me up and went home, there was a strange car sitting outside our house. Then it hit me: Jeff was there answering me to Preference. What was I supposed to do? I went inside and chilled for a while, hid in Heather's room, used the facilities, and then they were gone. I went down to my room, and it was glowing! There were chocolate kisses, glow sticks, and conversations hearts placed here and there and everywhere. On the glow sticks were little pieces of paper that made a puzzle. When the puzzle was put together, it said, "Of course I'll go to Preference with you! Just be sure not to smother me in "kisses", but I'm sure we will make a "glowing" couple, and let's make all the other "sweethearts" jealous." That in itself made my day because it the kid a week and 2 days to answer me. Way too long in my opinion.

That night I went to Madrigal call backs. It was insane. When I am nervous, embarrassed, or any emotion that shows by blushing, my chest turns red. Not my face, my chest. So I was sitting in the choir room with my red chest singing my heart out. Inside I felt like I did good. But there were 14 alto's called to call backs, and all of the showed up. Six were going to be cut. INTENSITY!!!!

When we were done with call backs, I went home and Landon came with me. We sat in my room and talked about it and I cleaned all the candy from earlier in the day. It was nice because I don't really get to talk to him alone much. He played my ukulele and made it sound nice. Then his mommy came to get him and I talked to her for a lot longer than I had planned.

So it was about 9:45 when I decided to stop wasting time on facebook and go to bed before someone did or did not call my mom to tell her I made it. I was washing my face when the phone rang. My mom was in her bathroom, so I had to answer it.

"Hello?"
"Hi! Is this Michelle's house?"
"Yes."
"Who is this?"
"This is Michelle."
"Oh. Can I talk to your mom?"
"Yes. Here she is."
Later in the conversation...
"I think she figured it out. She is jumping up and down."

And I was! It was Emily Robinson that called and I knew why. So I called Heather, danced around the house like a monkey, jumped on my bed, and still had a hard time getting to sleep. You see, the Senior Madrigals pick up the new Madrigals from 2 until 4 in the morning. I knew I had made it, but I was hoping that Katie and Landon had made it. My sleep wasn't that great at all. The first two hours I felt like I was still awake. Then I finally decided to get up and walk around. When I got back in my bed, I prayed that I would sleep well until they came to wake me up.

So at 3:45 in the morning, I get woken up by a bunch of boys. My face got squirted at with water and people were screaming! My glasses are at the eye doctor, so I couldn't see anything because my contacts weren't in. I knew David was there and I'm pretty sure that he was the one who squirted me with water. Then I heard and saw Landon. My contacts still weren't in. They took me outside, with my shoes, socks, and contacts (for they still weren't in) and went to this big hugo van. It was dark, so I didn't want to put in my contacts because if I lost them, they would be lost forever.

As we were driving with our head down, I was asking questions like, "Are we going to get Katie?!" That's all I wanted... well, that and my contacts to be in my eyes. We didn't go to get Katie.

We went to McKenna Drew's house to party it up. Now, I still didn't have my contacts in so I couldn't see. We walked inside and a bunch of people screamed at us! AND KATIE WAS THERE!!!!! They gave us these awesome T-shirts that I couldn't see because my contacts were still not in my eyes. I got to the table where the shirts were and started to put my contacts in. The boys were taking off their shirts and putting on their Mads shirts, but I still couldn't see them. Landon was standing next to me putting his shirt on and in my head I was like, "He is only doing that because he knows I can't see him because my contacts still aren't in my eyes."

From there, it is all a blur. I know we played some games and played Beatles' Rockband and ate breakfast and sat and sang, but that part didn't matter. My contacts were in, I was with my friends, and it was 4 in the morning.

It has been one of my dreams to be part of Madrigals. Heather was in it in high school and I thought they were gorgeous. Ever since then it has been on my mind. I look up to Heather so much. I also love singing with a passion. I want to learn more and sing more advanced music. I want to be a part of a choir that is a team and not just a choir. I am so grateful for the chance to be in this choir. I MADE MADRIGALS!!!!



Katie and I played together last night. We put these hugo bows in our hair!



Katie's bows



We love each other like sisters.



Since people kidnapped us very early in the morning, we were dead tired.

Then we painted our nails.

Such a good week. Oh, and my contacts are in.

4 comments:

R.T. Vance said...

Awesome!

Congrats!

Dana Cheryl said...

What a crazy, fun, exhausting week!! yay yay yay!!!!!!

I so jealous that my school didn't do any of those cool, awesome things!

So happy for you that your's does!!!

Love ya lots!! Enjoy your accomplishment!

mandiimae said...

ahhh congrats!!! :))) happy for ya.

Heather Rae said...

Don't know if you know this, but I look up to you too. And you are pretty much my bestest friend and you keep me happy.

I am so happy you get to be in Madrigals!