Yesterday I had yet another wonderful day. Well, the day wasn't that great really. First I cleaned the bathroom, and then I played the sims for a very long time. It wasn't very productive in general.
But it got 100000000000000000000000 times better. Matt's little sister Amberly had a dance thing at 6:30, and I went to watch with Matt. Before we went there, I turned in a job application. See, it's already much more productive.
The dance thing was at the Aquatic Center with free swimming afterwords. We got there a little late, but thankfully did not miss Amberly's dance. Her dance group has lots of children, and some are really little. They made me make the "Aaawww!" sound that girls make. It was just so stinkin' cute! When it was finally Amberly's turn, I thought that it was just as cute. She is one good little dancer. I was impressed. And she is just so cute!
After all the dances were over and the lifeguard gave us safety instructions, we headed to the locker room. Before we got very far, I spotted Jarom Hlebasko, a local man who was paralyzed about 10 years ago. He is going to have this stem cell therapy thing done, and you can read all about it here. He and his wife were my Sunday school teachers once upon a time, and I have a great respect for them both. I remember going to their house for parties or something and she took such good care of him. It is amazing.
Amberly and I then went into the locker FILLED with people to change. That locker room is gross, and that is all I'm gonna say. We got in and out of there before too many people crowded in and then went into the pool area and found Matt.
The three of us stayed together the whole time, splashing, laughing, and teasing. Lots of teasing. It was so much fun. We played aligators (just pretended to be aligators) and actually scared a little girl. It was the funniest thing ever. While we were going around the lazy river, Amberly told us about this game we could play. One person thought of a color, and the other person had to guess the color. If they got the color right, they were thrown into the water. If they got it wrong, they were dunked under the water. We thought of some good, hard colors, like robins egg blue, mustard yellow, and baby-poop green. And the whole time we laughed.
After swimming and showering, we went to Matt's house to watch Snow White. Yes, poor Matt, having to endure relentless teasing and then watching a girl movie. He doesn't really mind, though. We had starbursts and popcorn. Half-way through the movie, we heard a strange sound, like popping. And it wasn't the popcorn. I then realized that it was almost the 24th, so there was probably fireworks! We ran outside and saw three sets of fireworks. We were so happy! It really doesn't get much better than all that.
The reason I mention all this is because it will all be leaving soon. Too soon really. Matt is going go college in 3 weeks, and his mom and Amberly are moving up there, too. It is really hard to have Matt leave, and I knew it would be that way. I didn't think that it would be so bad with the rest of his family, however. After all the bonding we had yesterday, my heart is really aching. I have come to think of them as my own family, and now they have to leave! It's horrible!
But somehow I just don't see them leaving being the end of our relationship. It will all continue, I hope.
3 comments:
I have so much to say... and don't even know where to begin, and where it would end either.
So I'll use the words of giants: “The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That's the deal.” - C.S. Lewis
That is the deal...
I am glad you and Amberly got along so well yesterday, even if you gave her bad ideas about teasing me. ;)
I'm sorry you feel sadness...enjoy the time you have!
Post a Comment