Sunday: Drove to Las Vegas to pick up Heather from the airport. We ate dinner at Mr. Chop Chop. My mom and I got a kick out of that one.
We went swimming in my aunts condo pool. I met a new friend named Mason. He was 4. He was cute. He could swim better than I could.
Monday: My mom and I went shopping. First we went to David's Bridal to look for bridesmaid dresses. We found the perfect dress, except for one thing: it was black. Emilie wanted red. I found a red sash and put it on, and my mom and I were sold. I called Emilie, but she wasn't answering. We left the store and told them we would go back if Em said yes.
I was in love with that dress. Poor Matt heard all about it and saw the picture before Emilie did. I was shaking from excitement. Heather was in Los Angeles at that point, so I sent her the picture. She liked the dress, too! Then, Emilie called. I explained the whole thing and put the sash on the dress in her mind, and she said yes. :)
So after the rest of our shopping and before 3:00, we went back to buy the three dresses in the perfect sizes. It was so perfect. I will post pictures one day, but not until after the wedding in September.
Then I had to wait at my aunt's condo while they picked up Heather and her friends from the airport. It stunk to have to wait. She came soon enough, however. I gave her a big hug and then told her she smelled funny. :)
Sidenote: When Carl came home from his mission, one of the first things he told me was that I have zits. Thus I don't feel too bad for telling Heather she smelled funny.
Anyway, we drove home and I was entertained by their goofiness. It made sense considering they had been stuck in Monday for a long time. If you think Monday is bad, try living through 40 hours of Monday. Literally.
Tuesday: This is an epic story. I don't like going out of town because I have to leave Matt. It was really hard this time because I left him feeling frustrated and sad. So Tuesday came along, and he came over to my house right after work. I waited outside so I could see him sooner. His car pulled up to my house and he started getting out of it. I stood up and he was coming pretty fast. We ran to each other and hugged, and then he picked me up and spun me around. Then we kissed (I'm sure you have guessed that has happened by now. If you haven't, tell me and I will fill you in) and hugged again.
My mom was watching that whole thing through the front window.
That is all we will say about Tuesday.
Wednesday: Had a relaxing day with just Matt. We went to the park to swing, both swing dance and on an actual swing.
Thursday: I bought Matt ice-cream, curled my hair, and put him in the right place. We also got this cute picture.

It is actually a funny story, actually. We decided that we had to take pictures whenever we were together before summer started, so that is what we were doing. So I took out my phone to take our picture, and Matt kissed me on the cheek right before I took the picture! It surprised me, so my face looked funny on the first one. Matt liked it, but I really don't. The picture above is the 3rd attempt for a good one, and it sure worked!
Friday: Matt worked all day. I helped Carri paint her playhouse.
Saturday: Matt worked until 3:00, then came over to my house. Charley and Carri joined us (haha, we had M&M and C&C) and we went to the spinny park. Carri loves that place.
It was great fun, and I loved being with the three of them. I miss school because I don't get to see all these people as much as I would like, except for Matt. But he doesn't count.Then Matt ate dinner at my house. My dad and John were gone, so Matt was the only male. Heather was talking about wanting a Chinese man to marry, or an Iranian man. Then I said, "Then you would have cute babies!" Heather then said, "You think that is the only way I am going to have cute babies?".....
It was funny.
The rest of the night was good. Matt was tired and started getting mad at me for a minute, and I told him to stop because I was leaving for 4 days so he better not be mad. It worked, except he felt bad for being temporarily mad. I didn't mind, really. He snapped right out of it. Then he just looked sad, so I held him tight.
The Sunday I left for my family reunion in Colorado. That is a post for another day.
Enjoy your day! :)
1 comment:
Sidenote to your sidenote: Since Carl was the one coming home, it doesn't make sense that you wouldn't feel bad saying that to the person who just came home. Now, if he had come home from something again and you told him that, it may have made sense. But since it was a totally different person, sense there was not to your sidenote.
The baby thing was funny :)
Post a Comment