Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer games

We headed back home from Ely on Thursday. However, we didn't go home right away; we went to the pool to watch Matt swim in the Utah Summer Games. He swam 14 events over the course of 3 days. They swim long course meters for summer games and Matt swam short course meters in high school. There is a big difference, apparently. I could tell, but I wouldn't know as well as he does. He was very tired. In one of his races, the 50 breaststroke, this girl beat his time and he was teased about it. He didn't enjoy that much, especially because he broke the summer games record.

His mom invited me to eat dinner with them before the opening ceremonies. It was delicious.

Then Matt and I went to the opening ceremonies. I was wearing my shortest shorts, and it was cold, windy (like, really REALLY windy), and a little rainy. So we sped back to my house for jackets and jeans (for me), and a blanket. It was just really funny. We were so goofy that day.

We made it back about 15 minutes before the whole thing started. Eventually we made it in with all the athletes (heh, heh) and sat by Charley and Robbie and some other kid we didn't know. They were sitting on a railing. Poor Matt was really sleepy and didn't want to sit on the rail. So he sat on the cement, resting his sleepy head on my leg. It was really cute. :)

It was uneventful for the most part. I didn't really pay much attention to anyone, or anything, other than Matt who was very sleepy and cute. The fireworks were amazing!



They were the best fireworks I have ever seen. Maybe it's just because I had Matt with me, holding me, but they were good.

It was one good night. :)

2 comments:

Matt said...

You just had to mention I got beat by a girl didn't you? She only beat my by .3 seconds, and she is a state champion breast stroker, and I don't swim breast stroke.

Mush said...

I was just trying to demonstrate the fact that you were frustrated because you got beat by the girl, and your comment just secured that fact. :-)