Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The long trip

Now for last weeks adventures.

On Tuesday my mom and I went to visit my grandma and great aunt in Nevada. It is a dull drive, but this time there were lots of pretty colors: all shades of green, some purple, and a clear blue sky.

There isn't purple in this one, in case you were confused.

We made it to our destination just fine and I went over to my great aunt Dede's house. She usually just talks about the need of new clothes and her bad t.v. (which is actually really good), but we talked about the more important things in life, like dying in the deep freezer...

...

It is actually a funny story, but it comes later in this story when we elaborated on the subject.

In this little town, it was still spring, not summer.

The spring tree


My aunt Dede is 92 years old. She lives alone, which makes her rather lonely. I wouldn't want to keep on living, and neither does she, but there she sits!

So, the deep freezer. Apparently you have to de-frost deep freezer, and Dede apparently needs to do this. She has a lot of food in her deep freezer, just so you know. So we were talking about de-frosting the deep freezer and Dede says, "It's so deep that I would fall into it head first and have my legs stick out!" We were dying of laughter. She took it even further and said things like, "No one would no where I was and then you would come over and see my legs sticking out!" Or something like, "And all the food would de-frost and melt, like all my meat and ice-cream. I would be swimming in a cold puddle of ice-cream and blood!"

So there you have it. That is how my great aunt is going to die.

2 comments:

Heather Rae said...

So, her head isn't going to explode and get stuck in the ceiling anymore?

Mush said...

Haha, I forgot about that one. I guess not!