There is a new stake in my little place in the universe forming. Because of this new stake, my current stake had to go through some major changes today.
We found out that these proposed changes would be happening about two weeks ago. After the letter was read, there was a lot of talk in the stake about the whole thing. We all assumed, which is a good, appropriate assumption to make (my dad is still saying that it might not happen), that people in our stake would be leaving into the new stake.
So on Wednesday, I had my last activity with my young women. It was kind of sad, but I was so ready for the change to take place; whatever that was I didn't know at the time. We were still hopeful, but since I am at the edge of my old wards boundary, I figured that we would be separated.
Disclaimer: This photograph was not taken at the last activity with my young women. But it was taken during another activity with them for the same camping purposes.This morning we drove to the stake center to hear of these new changes. My dad and John had gone early so John could be there to pass the sacrament (there were a lot of people, thus making it necessary for them to learn how to do it with so many people). My mom and I joined my dad on the front row about 5 minutes before the meeting started. It was a bad place to sit because President Callister and I could make some nice eye-contact. He is such an amazing man.
I could tell that something with the change was going to affect me. The whole eye-contact thing was giving it away. The time came to hear the changes, and it was a lot more than I expected. My previous ward dissolved into nothing. I am now in a new ward with people I don't know how live who knows where. I am going to be in the new stake, which will be officially formed next Sunday.
After the meeting was over and all the new bishoprics sustained, I went up to the stand to talk to President Callister. We shook hands, and then I just had to give him a hug. He said that the whole time he was sitting up there saying to himself, "I will get to see her in Seminary." He is one of my friends, so it just makes sense to miss him!
All was well until I saw Mark and Lynda. They are such an inspiration to me. Now I am not in their ward or stake. I cried. And not just one tear like it usually is, but they were just coming out like crazy! But it is okay, I promise.
On the way home, I thought about how big of a change this is for me. I have lived in the same ward, in the same stake, for just about 17 years. That, my friends, is a long time. I grew up with all those people, and some I still get to be with, but it is a little strange!
At 3:00 we headed over to our church building to sustain the Coal Creek (not crick) 2nd ward's new bishopric. I have never seen my new bishop before, which is different. I have always known my bishops personally before they became the bishop. His 1st counselor was someone I had never seen before in my life, again. But the 2nd counselor lives down the street from me and served as the young men's president in my previous ward. I was rather happy about that.
The new members of the bishopric all bore their testimonies. My bishop talked about looking over the new ward list so many times and having his two counselor's name come up time and time again. He had never seen Brother Bond, the 2nd counselor that lives down the street from me, until he stood up to be sustained.
That is a huge testimony builder to me. My new bishop, who I don't know at all, had enough faith to call someone to work along side of him that he didn't know. That, my friends, is called putting your trust in God and listening to the Holy Ghost. And it is amazing.
So, to all my Pioneer Park ward members, I will miss you terribly. But not so much that I look back and want you back. The change is very much needed in my life, and look forward to it with happiness really. I grieves me if anyone is thinking that they won't go to church now because they have a new ward, maybe new stake, or a new bishop. That is not faith. But I have faith that Heavenly Father has put us all where we need to be to keeping learning and growing.
I could tell that something with the change was going to affect me. The whole eye-contact thing was giving it away. The time came to hear the changes, and it was a lot more than I expected. My previous ward dissolved into nothing. I am now in a new ward with people I don't know how live who knows where. I am going to be in the new stake, which will be officially formed next Sunday.
After the meeting was over and all the new bishoprics sustained, I went up to the stand to talk to President Callister. We shook hands, and then I just had to give him a hug. He said that the whole time he was sitting up there saying to himself, "I will get to see her in Seminary." He is one of my friends, so it just makes sense to miss him!
All was well until I saw Mark and Lynda. They are such an inspiration to me. Now I am not in their ward or stake. I cried. And not just one tear like it usually is, but they were just coming out like crazy! But it is okay, I promise.
On the way home, I thought about how big of a change this is for me. I have lived in the same ward, in the same stake, for just about 17 years. That, my friends, is a long time. I grew up with all those people, and some I still get to be with, but it is a little strange!
At 3:00 we headed over to our church building to sustain the Coal Creek (not crick) 2nd ward's new bishopric. I have never seen my new bishop before, which is different. I have always known my bishops personally before they became the bishop. His 1st counselor was someone I had never seen before in my life, again. But the 2nd counselor lives down the street from me and served as the young men's president in my previous ward. I was rather happy about that.
The new members of the bishopric all bore their testimonies. My bishop talked about looking over the new ward list so many times and having his two counselor's name come up time and time again. He had never seen Brother Bond, the 2nd counselor that lives down the street from me, until he stood up to be sustained.
That is a huge testimony builder to me. My new bishop, who I don't know at all, had enough faith to call someone to work along side of him that he didn't know. That, my friends, is called putting your trust in God and listening to the Holy Ghost. And it is amazing.
So, to all my Pioneer Park ward members, I will miss you terribly. But not so much that I look back and want you back. The change is very much needed in my life, and look forward to it with happiness really. I grieves me if anyone is thinking that they won't go to church now because they have a new ward, maybe new stake, or a new bishop. That is not faith. But I have faith that Heavenly Father has put us all where we need to be to keeping learning and growing.
3 comments:
Hi Michelle, Great blog! It is very nice to read about the feelings you had about the changes. You are part of a wonderful family that is faithful. Regardless of where we go to church it is all true. As you continue with the faith that you have displayed in the past, you will find that blessings are poured out upon you in great measure. You will be an example to the other youth and adults who may be struggling with the changes that have been made. Stay happy. I know that we will see each other often.
Brother Reynolds
I'm excited for the new changes too but it will be a strange adjustment! I'll miss seeing you and your family at church! Give your mom a hug from me! It will be fun to keep in blog touch :)Thanks for your nice comments...don't try to grow up too soon! ;)
Your going to be a great mom and wife someday! --love&light
I will miss you so much! you are a great role model. I will miss seeing you twice a week, I wasn't there, but I heard all about it. I am just crying inside because i am loosing friends and leaders, but i am excited because i get to make new friends. Love you lots!
Post a Comment