Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

I know that a lot of people in the world struggle with having patience. 

Usually I am pretty patient, unless it comes to a few things.  One is waiting for test scores.  Another is waiting in line.

But the worst came yesterday.  Sitting in a bridal store for an hour doing nothing but looking at the dress.  Don't get me wrong, I love the dress and I am happy that Emilie is happy.  But I was in la-la-land the whole time.  I started to feel insecure about myself for some strange reason.  The longer she sat in that dress, the more crazy I went.  Some of this came from just sitting, but a lot of it came for, other reasons.

The bottom of Emilie's (and my future) wedding dress.

The train that will be turned into more of a bustle.


Waiting.  Waiting.  Waiting.  That is all I do!  I wait.  I wait for my dad to sit down for dinner.  I wait for the bathroom to be open.  I wait to see our family in Orem, including our adopted family.  I wait to feel the Spirit.  I wait for school to end.  I wait for test scores.  I wait for Matt to come to my house after work.  I wait for the day to come when I can sit in Emilie's dress, which will also be mine, and go to the Temple to be married for time and eternity. 

Sometimes it is hard for me to wait.  Other times it's not so bad.  I guess that is just how life goes.  I will spend lots of time sitting, waiting, and wishing.

2 comments:

Veronica Haley said...

I couldn't have said it better myself :O

Julianne said...

Well do you want a comment? I just so happen to have a minute eating lunch while my kids are playing at the Schericks. I noticed while eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream, on my dashboard the wedding pic and this waiting headine. Can I just say--Quite it you girls! Thing is what are you waiting for? What am I waiting for? Bigger house, more money, kids to grow up, dinner to be ready, husband to come home, bedtime! Let us LIVE in the moment. Thing is lets say you get married, you finish school, you get preganant. Waiting waiting for that preciouse baby to come. The baby comes. Then your waiting waiting for that baby to smile (it takes 2 months) it goes on and on. I went to a seminar once and the lady was demonstrating how we in our lives just chase the carrot on to the next thing....and then we die. Please enjoy your life and do something you feel passionate about and makes you feel good and fulfillment.
Now I must go scrub the bathroom before the kids get home. Love to you from me!