Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Philadelphia and Amish Country




SHHH!!! It's a secret!

Rocky Stairs

Look! It's Rocky Balboa!




This one is my favorite. The guy behind me looks like he wants to kill me. It's great.


These I was having sudden crazy moments. I decided that I wanted to pose with all the statues in the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. After my sudden crazy thing, everyone in there was posing.

The chair in the back is the one Pres. Washington sat in.

Room where the Declaration was signed

"I've only seen paintings of that painting!"

Coat of Arms

Pretty Chandelier

Horse-drawn Carriage

Place where the first Continental Congress met

Cobblestone Road
Printing Press... brought from Utah!
Church... that was closed for a wedding.
Liberty Bell

That's the clock in National Tresure

Bottom of the bell

Me and Amanda Jones

A Statue



Philadelphia was a blast. I love being in historical places. Philly is one of the places where you can feel how much our founding fathers went through. I absolutely loved it! All the girls in my room were complaining their heads off... saying "Today was so pointless and we wasting so much time doing pointless things." and blah blah blah! The one girl I actually finally told her to shut up. I was so sick of it. THE PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS ARE SO GOOD!!!!!!!! Yum, yum, yum!!! I really want to go back there.
*************************************************************************************

Little boy playing

Amish plowsClothing line

Amish Farm

COWS!!!

This is Amish Country. They are amazing people, really. Their quilts are absolutely amazing! I have never, ever seen anything so detailed. It would take months to sew some of those quilts, and then they sell their work. That is how they make their money, but it would be hard for me to sell something that I worked so hard on. Their jam is homemade, also. I HAVE NEVER TASTED BETTER JAM!!! The people are all so nice... much more hospitable then Cedar City people. Don't get me wrong, I love Cedar people, but wow. The food they made for us was scrumptious! The corn looked really weird, and rather nasty, but it was the best part of the whole meal! I love, love, love the Amish people! I would go back there in a heartbeat.

9 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Incredible pictures! You've inspired me... I want to see Philly!

Ondrea Mariah said...

OMG MICHELLE! PHILLY IS MY MOST FAVORITE CITY IN THE WHOLE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU GOT TO EXPERIENCE IT, LIKE I SAY IM A CITY GIRL AND CEDAR CITY (though it is a city) IS SMOTHERING...

Mush said...

I loved it. It was one of my favorite places on the whole trip.

City girl in Cedar City....interesting!

Dana Cheryl said...

Girls lets all head to Philly. That cheese steak stuff sounds good 'bout now! (without the cheese on mine of course)

Mush said...

YES! LET'S GO!!!! CHEESE STEAK (Dana's without the cheese) HERE WE COME!!!

That was a nice dream.

Ondrea Mariah said...

DUDETTES, IM ALL UP FOR HEADING TO PHILLY AFTER MY BILLS ARE PAID OFF... YOU SHOULD TOTALL CALL ME MICHELLE... 865-7599... WE REALLY NEED TO GO SWIMMING OR SOMETHING... GOSH I MISS THE WATER...

Dana Cheryl said...

OK you're on as soon as your bills are paid!!! i'm there. four day weekend in philly! woo hoo!!

mandie said...

Hey Michelle!! That trip was so fun!! When was I complaining about Philly???

Mush said...

You didn't complain about Philly... just Ashley, which was in Philly mostly. Sorry, it bothered me.