Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girls Camp



Well, girls camp was very interesting.

Let's start with the problems in my ward. Ashley Simpson has problems with Brittanie Edgel and I. Wait, no, she has problems with everyone, but mostly me and Britt. Brittany Reynolds, Tasha Bracken, Alise Eggen, and Kimi Simpson have problems... but mostly Brittany and Alise. The rest sit there and complain about their girl problems.

The first day all these problems were mostly resolved. We all did complain about our girl problems, but who doesn't? Ashley apologized to me for bothering me about her brother. Alise got allergy medicine from Brittany's mom, and was suddenly fine with Brittany.

"We are daughters of our Hevenly Father who loves us and we love Him."

This saying goes so well for girls camp this year. I really do think that God was sick of us not being nice, so he helped us do these plain and simple things.

The devotionals every morning and evening were fantastic. We got to watch a movie, take a silent walk of light, go on hikes, and get closer to one another. We bore our "testimonies" (no, our "girls camp was so great-amonies") and then went home. I am very glad to say that our girls are now all friends, for the time being. I am perfectly fine with Ashley, and those of you who know what has gone on between us, you know how big of a deal that is.

I know that Joseph Smith really lived, and was visited by God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. I know that revelation is still on the earth today. I know that all our prophets (including the ones in the Bible) past, present, and future were all called by God before we came to this earth. I know that there is a plan of Salvation is in the Bible, and it is true. I know that every person on this earth, even ones that have already died, will be saved. I know that our Temples are sacred, holy places were the Holy Ghost dwells. I know that God the Father and Jesus Christ love me, and everyone on this earth. I know that I am a daughter of God, and I will never deny that. I know that the power of the Priesthood is the most powerful thing in the world. I know that the Bible is true, and the Book Of Mormon. I know that I was chosen and saved to live in this time of the world. I've waited a long time to come, and I am going to make the best of it, for me, you, my friends, and everyone that I meet. I know that it is the right time for me to get my Patriarchal Blessing, and that it comes from God, just for me. I know that I have a duty here on earth, something to fulfill.

6 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Amen! Thank you for sharing your testimony Michelle. It's especially powerful for me because I know you and I know why you believe these things. Yet anyone can feel the truth in your testimony!

Mush said...

Hey, your the one that just keeps strengthening my testimony. Thanks Dana!

Movie night Thursday?

Dana Cheryl said...

Yeah we're on for Thursday!

Aw shucks... :)

Mush said...

Um, sorry I keep doing this movie nights... dang. I don't know for sure anymore because I have to do Student Government things.... at 8:00 pm, maybe. If I don't have to do it, I'll call you.

Dana Cheryl said...

No worries. I was out and about tonight too. You're always welcome. Just give me a call.

Mush said...

I was at the high school from 8 til 10, and before that I was at one of my friends houses forever long. But ya, I'll call you when I want to come over. Thanks Dana!!!