Friday, April 6, 2012

Catching up

Well, since the only time I seem to have to blog is at school, we have to blog backwards. But I guess that will end up being more appropriate come 14 days.

So, Matt and his family have been here the past two weekends, the 17th-18th and the 23rd-25th.  Today I am going to tell you about the most recent, because I have the pictures here at the school for one, and it was more exciting really.

I took work off, which was so nice.  My family went out to dinner to celebrate some big blessings in our life.  It was nice to have that time with them.  I feel so busy and like I don't have time to sit and relax with them.  After dinner, my grandma and I watched a movie together.

Matt was driving, so I texted Amberly to see where they were.  I still had a while, so I kept watching the movie and texting.  The next time I asked where they were, they were 7 miles away!  I ran through my house trying to get everything together in 7 minutes, and I succeeded. :)

I waited by the door, looking out the peephole, went outside and ran into Matt's arms and we spun around, just like we always do. :)  We got all my stuff that I packed in five minutes and got in the car to go to ST. GEORGE!!!!! Yay!

You see, Amberly had a dance competition on Saturday at Dixie, so Lisa booked some time-share condo's and we stayed overnight where it was warm!  I can't even express to you how nice it was to be down there.  It was such a nice night, and then a wonderful, perfect day. :)

That night we watched the movie The Help.  I had been wanting to watch it for a while, so I was glad we finally had the chance to.  We all got to be pretty late, and so we were a bit tired the next morning.  I curled my hair, both days actually, and it really surprised Matt on Saturday.  It was cute. :-)

At Dixie High School waiting for the dancing to start
We mostly just sat around the next morning.  Matt and I went on a little walk around the condo's to enjoy the weather and each other.  Amberly had to be to the school at 1, so we left shortly before that.  That's when we took the picture above.  We sat in the auditorium and watched lots of dancers.

There was one dance that almost made me cry because it was so touching.  They danced to Mercy Me's I Can Only Imagine.  The girls were older and wore LONG-SLEEVED, long red dresses.  It was so beautiful!  And then just when I thought it couldn't get any better, these little girls in white dresses came out and they all danced together.  It was so precious.

After we watched Amberly dance beautifully, we went to Olive Garden for dinner.  It was very delicious. :-)  Then Matt and I drove back up with his grandparents.  It was a nice drive back.

We spent the evening visiting our favorite people and places.  It was very nice to be together for the last time in my town for two years.  There is just nothing like being together.  It really does make my life so much more interesting. :-)

Sometimes I feel like what we do sounds so boring, but there are just things that are only shared between the two of us, or whoever we are with.  And that goes for people all the time.  The conversations we have you just don't really share because it was so natural, you can't repeat it!

On Sunday we went to church, very sleepily, and tried to pay attention.  We played hookey for the third hour to pick up Trent so we could all spend a little more time together.  Then it was time to take Trent back because Lisa would be back soon to pick up Matt. 

When it came time for Matt to say bye to my mom, it was rather emotional.  Once my mom realized that that was the last time she would see him for 2 years, she started to cry a little.  And I did, too.  My mom told Matt that she loves him. :-)  That really touched him.  We all composed ourselves and went outside to the car.  Matt, John, and I had a group hug and made funny faces at Amberly.  It was pretty funny. :-)

Then Matt walked me to my door.  John was wanting to look out the peephole at us, so I covered the peephole with my hand.  It was really funny. :-)

The end!  Well, not really.  I still have a lot to tell you.  And it just keeps stacking up.  I am visiting Matt for my spring break to see him for one.... last time for two years.  It is bittersweet.  But it will be okay. :-)

No comments: