Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Farewell

As part of the missionary going away tradition, the missionary gives a talk in church before they leave.  Matt was lucky enough to have his talk where all his closest friends are, where I am!  It was a good time.

He came down with his grandparents early Saturday morning and we spent the whole day together.  We really just watched movies mostly.  Which, as you should know by know, just means that we get to cuddle a lot. :-)  We also got binders and page protectors to store all the letters that we will write to each other in the next two years.  Then we made nice covers for them, too.  I am pretty excited for that. :-)

That was really all of Saturday.  It was nice.  We spend every other day talking on the phone, so when we are together, yes, we still do talk, a lot, but it just feels different when we're actually together.  I'll miss that for a while.

Sunday we went to the church to hear Matt give his talk.  He talked about the Book of Mormon and how it strengthened his testimony.  He did really well and it made me happy.  I didn't even cry!  :-)

After the meeting, we went to have a brunch where everyone could see Matt for the last time, for most of them at least.  It was pretty fun. :-)

Amberly, me, Matt, and John


Matt and John.  How precious. :-)
It was a good, happy day.  There has been lots of those.  Thank goodness.  Our time together really has been a true gift from God.  I would not change one second of the time we have spent together. :-)

No comments: