Wednesday, April 11, 2012

He IS a Missionary now

So, way back when it was my birthday weekend, me and my mom and John and grandma drove up to visit all the wonderful people up there.  We started by picking Matt up from his apartment, which in and of itself was an adventure.  Then we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, and Matt paid for all 7 of us.  Gift cards... don't worry.  :-)  We had an hour wait, so Matt and my mom and John and I walked to another store and another store while we waited.  While there, we found this AMAZING chair and decided that we had to have it one day. :-)

Dinner was good.  I love being with my whole family, including Matt.  It always just feels natural.

After dinner, Matt and I went to see The Lorax.  It was okay, but we didn't care too much for it.  We really just cared about being together.  So that part was good.

The next day was filled with adventures.  My mom and I went shopping for my birthday present, which was just completing an outfit.  We had lunch together and then she dropped me off at Matt's apartment.  His mom was already there to take us to her place.  I opened my birthday presents from Lisa and Amberly.  Lisa gave me a new shirt and a big jar of M&M's, 730 of them to be exact.  One for every day that Matt will be gone.  So I eat one a day and it's a count down!   Amberly drew me a picture of a frog and put it in a green, zebra striped frame.  It is pretty cute.  She also got me a wind up chick.  It is fun. :-)

Then we headed to the Jordan River Temple to take some missionary pictures.  And that, my friends, is why I saved this post for last.


Yep.  That is my handsome missionary. :-)


Matt and Amberly


We're so cute.  And that dress, by the way, is the outfit we had to complete. So cute. :)







I love our eyes in this picture. :-)
Scripture Power!
We had a fun time.  It always feels just so natural to be with them, but especially to be with Matt. :-)

Matt had some water polo games in Park City, so we went there for the rest of the night.  After his games, he was really upset because it was dumb.  And Amberly wasn't helping the situation.  So I just held him and kissed him on the forehead a lot.  He asked if I wanted a "turn" which is just asking if I wanted to be held.  I said no and he was just fine with that.  We stayed there for a while, and I guess he felt better eventually because he popped up again and told me that I was very nice.  :-)

We drove back to the place where Matt's family lives and watched The RM.  I hadn't seen it in a while, and he loves it, so that's what we did.  A little after 11:11, we decided to head out.  We were driving, and discovered that the entrance to the freeway was closed.  Great.  Luckily, Michelle has a really great memory and a really good sense of direction.  So, since I know that the school where state Solo and Ensemble is and the Mount Timpanogous Temple are on the same street, we found our way back.  So, you really are never lost when you can see the temple. :-)

And that was really that.  Today is the day though.  Matt reported to the Missionary Training Center at 12:40 pm today.  I am really excited for the next two years.  It will be hard at times, but it will be so worth it.  Go get 'em!  :-)
This is my very favorite picture of him.
I love you bud.  I'll miss you like crazy.

No comments: