So, before we begin, I went to the doctor on Monday and found out that I have a sinus infection and low blood pressure. So I have to drink lots of water and take these awful pills for my sinus'.
Wednesday 'till Saturday I went to the Dixie Leadership Conference in St. George for Student Government. Wednesday we all just chilled and got to know other people. Then we went to our hotel to do some more chilling. I was thinking about what I had forgot, and it hit me... UNDERWEAR!!! Luckily, there was a K-Mart just a block away, so me and my friends went to get some underwear. We also got some oreo's and 3 Musketeers. Then we went swimming at the Sand Hollow pool. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I don't know how I survived all that swimming and yelling. There was about 700 people there... so it was packed! When we got back to our hotel my thighs could really tell that they were too jiggly because they hurt like crap! Thursday we had to wear these hideous shirts that didn't match anything that I had. We did a service project for the troops, played team games, and listened to a guy from the Army speak. Then we had some small classes. I went to "The beat of the drum", "Breaking down Walls", and "Make a splash with your class." My favorite one was the "Breaking down Walls" because it was really emotional. It was about sterotyping people, and that you shouldn't do it. The teacher let us talk about examples and some of them were very personal and heart-felt. I almost cried with some of the stories. Then we went to Tuachan to see Les Miserables. That play is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my entire life. The actors are great, they sing well, the orchestra is amazing, and overall it was fabulous!!!! Friday we made posters, got to know more people, had more classes, more speakers, and just the normal. Alex Boye came to speak and perform for us, we had a little Dixie Idol thing which was awesome! We had a black light dance, and at about 10:00 it started to rain! The dance was indoors, but my friends and I went outside and danced in the rain. The only slow dance that I danced was with this kid named Justin from Copper Hills. He was really nice, and also good looking. We have a lot in common. But, just like a lot of things, it all ended. Saturday we all went home.
AND THE FUN HAD JUST BARELY STARTED!!!!!!!!!! My best friend in the whole entire world, Jordan, was down from Payson. We spent a total of 9 hours together. He came over to my house, and when I opened the door I hardly knew who he was. He got taller, his hair is short, and he changed inside a lot. The funniest thing was that he was wearing a black and white stiped shirt, and I was wearing a black and white polka dotted shirt. We laughed for a while. Then we went to the Fair with our friend Maria. We were looking at everything before she got there and we saw some of the people from our ward. One of them, whose name is also Jordan, looked at us and glared... and Jordan glared the glare that says, "Stay away from this one you filthy animal." We found these mood rings and I bought one for him, because the one I bought for him in Baltimore got lost in the mail. So then Maria got there, we went to Canyon Park for some odd reason, and Jordan lost his ring. It slipped off of his finger while we were walking. It was quite sad and tragic. Then we walked up the car show, and walked Maria home. I feel so bad sometimes because I feel like Jordan and I are closer than him and her are. So then Jordan and I walked back to the car show and down the car show. We went back to the fair to get him another ring, and he bought me one too. Then we walked to our special walking place and went home. 45 minutes later he came back over and we went to the Region Dance where we danced together almost every song.
And then it was getting time to go home, late, and we left each other. He left today, and I feel very empty.
That was my week this week.
5 comments:
What a week! Sounds incredible... any pictures? Do you know how long Les Mis is playing? I'd really like to see it!
It was a great week... but the end was the best! I didn't take any pictures. I kept forgetting my camera... so ya. Les Mis plays until the end of the summer. We are going again on the 24th, because the tickets are cheaper because it is a holiday.
How ya feeling?!
Sweet! I've gotta see it. I love it, love it, love it!!!
I'm doing pretty darn good. The pills that they gave me are helping, and all the water they told me to drink.
I love it, love it, love it! On one of the songs with the whole cast, they had a horse come to the center with the rest of the cast and the horse pooped. Right after this girl stepped in it!!!! It was so funny, but it is also one of those things that you don't want to happen because it distracts the crowd. It was still great though!
LOL!
Post a Comment