Monday, April 11, 2011

The beginning

Since this day was so packed with detail, I have decided to split it into a few parts. And besides, I know you want to see the dance pictures, so we have to wait for the whole story!

It started early in the morning. First, I couldn't sleep because I was so excited! I woke up at 6:15 the first time and realized it was still dark, so I had to go back to sleep. Then an hour later I was awake again. 15 minutes after that I was awake again. At that point, I just got out of bed.

At 8:40ish, Matt showed up to my house. Leaving without my phone, we took off for a day filled of amazing adventures.

Richard drove in the morning, which turned out to be quite handy because it allowed Matt and I to hold hands. We went to Chard's house for an amazing breakfast prepared by the boys. Charley and I just watched and waited to eat the delicious looking food. When my stomach was growling so loud the whole world could hear me, breakfast was finally ready. Matt said the prayer and we dove into the food. It was delicious.

Then we drove away to Lins. Why, you ask? For a video scavenger hunt. I knew about this plan all along, but I pretended to be surprised. Matt explained it to us and we went on our way. While we were walking to Lins, Matt held my hand. :-)

The whole walking and holding hands thing went on all day.

In Lins, Matt pushed me in a shopping cart. Chard wasn't satisfied with this, so he pushed me so fast I felt like screaming in the shopping cart. We have a video of this, of course. After that traumatic experience, we greeted the Lins costumers outside by shaking their hands. It was hilarious!

Then we went across the street re-enacted "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." If you don't know what the heck that mean, click here.

Chard then posed with a statue while Matt waved at cars driving by and Charley and I laughed. Bulloch Drug was right there, so we went inside to escape from the cold. While there, Chard brought out some silly cards and read them to us.

This is where Charley found the chicks. They were wind-up chicks. When they were all wound up, you set them on a flat surface and they moved around like chicks! It was the best thing ever! We were rather entertained by them. Okay, I was probably the most entertained, but oh well.

This is when I got this brilliant idea to go see real chicks at Cal Ranch. So, we went! I was so excited to see the little chicks. While there, we ran into Katie and Landon. You may find that odd, but Landon's dad is the manager, and Landon needed to trade cars. We chatted for a little while and then went on our way. Charley is the smart one and knew where to go. When we found the chicks, I was just so happy. I filmed them. There were not only chicks, but baby turkeys and ducklings, also.

Now, this is where it gets to be an unforgettable day date. Chard had chickens and his father has considered getting a duckling. We made our way towards the ducklings and we all fell in love. I liked the yellow ones, a lot. Chard then decided that he was going to buy a duckling.

Charley and Charles, the duckling

Yes, his name is Charles, unless he turns out to be a she. We love Charles oh so much. You have to talk to him sweetly or he chirps a lot. We had to take him to Chards house so he didn't die. The drive with Charles was wonderful.

Chard knew that his mom wouldn't be very pleased with the duckling. And he was right! She asked who encouraged it, and he told her that the rest of us questioned it and told him not to. Thankfully Chard knew that his dad would be pleased. So he picked up the phone and called his dad at work. When Chard told him, he was happy! He even asked how many he bought and then reprimanded him for not buying at least one more.

The rest of our adventures were wonderful and just made me so happy. Lunch was also very delicious after the burgers were cooked all the way. Matt asked me if he could eat onions, and I just pretended like I had no idea what he was talking about. We then sat down and watched all the videos.

That is the end of the day date! I promise that is not all the detail I will give you!

3 comments:

Heather Rae said...

What an awesome dad!

Matt said...

I was just wondering if me having onion breath was going to bother you, that's all, I wasn't implying anything.

Mush said...

Well, Chard and Charley and myself, obviously, thought that you were indeed implying something. That's all.