When we were finished with the day date, Charley and I headed over to Katie Lee's house to do hair. Katie did my hair while I curled Charley's hair. We looked FANTASTIC! As soon as the final touches were done, I ran out of Katie's house. To my surprise, it was not snowing anymore! In fact, it was sunny without a gloomy cloud in sight! That made us so very happy.
I dropped off Charley and then sped home. I had a lot to do in half an hour. So the panic began. Heather put more make-up on me, I brushed my teeth, put on nails, and by that point I could hardly put the stupid things on. I was shaking so bad! Usually I can zip my dress by myself, but even that was impossible that day.
Then my mom came down and told me that the tails look really good. I'm pretty sure that I screamed, at least in my head. I was still putting on nails and trying to get everything that I needed. My sparkly jewelry was almost forgotten! The earrings were being impossible, so I asked Heather to put them in. She couldn't get them either. By this point Matt had been waiting for like 5 minutes. My dad came down for his camera and Heather and I decided to just follow him up.
I walked behind Heather and my dad. You have to know that I had been waiting for the moment when Matt finally saw me in my dress for a long LONG time. When I got to the top, I had to give everything I had to stop myself from running to the very cute boy in a Tuxedo with tails. I did walk somewhat calmly over to him and wrapped my arms around him. My mom told me that it was cute because it was like, "Oh, I really like you!"
Then I had to tackle the boutonniere. Remember the little detail about my hands shaking like none other? Yeah. That made the whole process a bunch harder.
I pretty much got it by myself, but it wasn't very secure, so my mommy fixed it.
My dad sent that picture to me in an e-mail and told me the quote above. He also said, "I sure like Matt." That makes us both very happy.
So off we went, holding hands. He even held my hand while he drove, just like Carl does with Taley.
We were very late. So Matt was speeding. To our surprise, there was a copper waiting to pull someone over. Yeah. That's right. The lights flashed and Matt got a little upset. I mean, who doesn't get upset when they get pulled over? It didn't help that we were about a block away from Chard's house. He got a ticket, and I just tried to console him. Coppers are very nice people so it was hard to stay upset. Matt is still assuring me that it is not that big of a deal.
We arrived at Chard's with smiles and greeted with a lot of teasing. After Chard was teased about going stag, we headed to Charley's house.
So off we went, holding hands. He even held my hand while he drove, just like Carl does with Taley.
We were very late. So Matt was speeding. To our surprise, there was a copper waiting to pull someone over. Yeah. That's right. The lights flashed and Matt got a little upset. I mean, who doesn't get upset when they get pulled over? It didn't help that we were about a block away from Chard's house. He got a ticket, and I just tried to console him. Coppers are very nice people so it was hard to stay upset. Matt is still assuring me that it is not that big of a deal.
We arrived at Chard's with smiles and greeted with a lot of teasing. After Chard was teased about going stag, we headed to Charley's house.
Charley asking me how to pin the boutonniereAfter we took pictures and such, we headed to SUU to take pictures, taken by Heather. She did good and we are so grateful. We were about half an hour late and it was FREEZING! In fact, it was so cold that it drained her battery and we had to go buy more. Here are the pictures!
This is my favorite, for sure! Matt didn't know she was already shooting, but I did! She caught his natural smile that makes me smile.


Once the light had died completely and the whiners were whining, we went back to the cars to go to dinner. Where might that be, you may ask? At Matt's house. It didn't look or taste like Matt's house. We had chicken alfredo, made by Matt's mom, and it was to die for! Last week Matt and I went out with Carri and Jake to one of the nicest restaurants in town, but Prom dinner was even better.
Then we had to take more pictures, but we don't really mind. I love taking pictures, and Matt is okay with it if it is with me. :-)
He just makes me so happy. I can't put it any other way.Well, I have lied to you again, my fellow blog readers. This is going to have to be four, maybe even five, posts. There is just so much to share and so much that I have to remember! More to come tomorrow, or Thursday. Don't get too antsy now!






2 comments:
I like your pose in the picture where I am putting your shoe on, it is pretty awesome. And your shoe was impossible to put on, especially in the cold.
They really aren't that hard to put on when you know the trick, but that day was not the day to learn the trick. :-)
Post a Comment